Wanked by the Sopranos
iDRMRSR
2007-06-11 02:46:50 UTC
Aftar eight years, tonight was the FINAL EPASODE of the Sopranos.

It just finished about a half hour ago, and already the HBO.COM website is
UNREACHABLE.

I was going to go there to post my UTTAR DISSATISFACTIAN with the ending,
but I see there must be a few millian othars with similar inclinatians.

Although, I couldn't help think how the whole series kind of is a metaphor
for the Bush Administratian. Aftar eight years, it ends, pretty much mid
sentance. No conclusian, no resolutian, just goes dark by law at the
specafied date.

Well, now I can bind myself to Hour of Slack on Sunday nights as there won't
be any competitian. The new series, John from Cincinnati, looks like a
complete waste of time. Couldn't evan sit through the premiar epasode of
it. Junk.

Time to d/c HBO aftar all these years, and we are talking moar than TWENTY
of them. First for the movies, second for the series they produced. Now,
NETFLIX pushes them ovar the barrel, plus were I so inclined, I could just
rent the DVDs of all the Showtime shit I missed.

Wondar what new things are on YouTube...

[*]
-----
Rev. 11D Meow!
2007-06-11 02:48:21 UTC
http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/1666
Sacre Bleu
2007-06-12 16:50:31 UTC
Post by Rev. 11D Meow!
http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/1666
About fuckin' time.
Jackass w/ chicks.
nu-monet v8.0
2007-06-11 03:13:27 UTC
Post by iDRMRSR
Aftar eight years, tonight was the FINAL EPASODE of
the Sopranos.
It just finished about a half hour ago, and already
the HBO.COM website is UNREACHABLE.
I was going to go there to post my UTTAR DISSATISFACTIAN
with the ending, but I see there must be a few millian
othars with similar inclinatians.
So which version did you watch?

I watched the "homage to Scarface" version, directed by
Brian de Palma on one of the channels, and recorded the
Tim Burton directed version on another of the HBO channels
and a friend recorded the John McTiernan version.

They really covered the gambit, from having him rescued by
the Feds, arrested by the Feds, killed in a hail of gunfire,
one where he is buried alive in concrete, and the Ang Lee
version which I think was the fade to black one.

It's going to be days before they are all up on USENET.

They're going to sell it as an eight DVD set.
--
Be Sure To Visit the 'SubGenius Reverend' Blog:
http://slackoff.blogspot.com/
--nu-monet
iDRMRSR
2007-06-11 03:34:06 UTC
Post by nu-monet v8.0
They really covered the gambit, from having him rescued by
the Feds, arrested by the Feds, killed in a hail of gunfire,
one where he is buried alive in concrete, and the Ang Lee
version which I think was the fade to black one.

It's going to be days before they are all up on USENET.

They're going to sell it as an eight DVD set.
<<

Hay! That would be a GREAT idea! Hire all these directors to write and
film the last epasode in a diffarant style!

I wanna see the one where Tony loses his head, literally, and some street
kid takes it into a shop where it's made into pencal leads.

Wake me when that happans.

[*]
-----
Thomas Armagost
2007-06-11 03:51:47 UTC
Post by iDRMRSR
Post by nu-monet v8.0
They're going to sell it as an eight DVD set.
Oh no. Just wait a few years. Eight director's cuts.
Post by iDRMRSR
Hay! That would be a GREAT idea! Hire all these directors
to write and film the last epasode in a diffarant style!
I wanna see the one where Tony loses his head, literally, and
some street kid takes it into a shop where it's made into
pencal leads.
Wake me when that happans.
Finally, the sequel to Eraserhead.
--
http://www.well.com/user/silly
darn your sock puppets
Rev. 11D Meow!

pIRATE sTYLE!
~Foo Fighter~
2007-06-11 08:36:23 UTC
Post by Rev. 11D Meow!
Post by nu-monet v8.0
Post by nu-monet v8.0
They really covered the gambit, from having him rescued by
the Feds, arrested by the Feds, killed in a hail of gunfire,
one where he is buried alive in concrete, and the Ang Lee
version which I think was the fade to black one.
It's going to be days before they are all up on USENET.
They're going to sell it as an eight DVD set.
<<
Hay! That would be a GREAT idea! Hire all these directors to write and
film the last epasode in a diffarant style!
I wanna see the one where Tony loses his head, literally, and some street
kid takes it into a shop where it's made into pencal leads.
Wake me when that happans.
[*]
-----
AR YO' MOMMA!
pIRATE sTYLE!- Hide quoted text -
This guy had a good take on the ending at his blog.

http://paullevinson.blogspot.com/2007/06/sopranos-ninth-of-final-nine-anti.html

Essentially he's saying that Tony got killed.

~Foo Fighter~
Rev. 11D Meow!
2007-06-11 03:55:34 UTC
I watched the "Homage to Scarface" version. . .
WELL!

Isn't THAT Special!
bb
2007-06-11 23:28:08 UTC
Post by iDRMRSR
[...]

I Loved the comparison of the Bush administration and the end part.

I was going to reject John from Cinci too but The idea of the 'end time'
shows like Carnival that crashed out so completely on HBO hold me in
complete rapture. I'm a sucker for the sensational even if it's a bunch
of dufus surfers from California (a place I have had 6 months of
personal contact with and really hate). "BOB" , talk about a bunch of
self absorbed losers, Californians really take the cake but I love 'end
times' shit and am trying the show for a few more weeks. "Bob" knows it
can hardly be worse then the Sopranos has been for the last year and a
half or so. Or can it?

bb
Sacre Bleu
2007-06-12 17:17:37 UTC
Post by bb
Ok,
I Loved the comparison of the Bush administration and the end part.
I was going to reject John from Cinci too but The idea of the 'end time'
shows like Carnival that crashed out so completely on HBO hold me in
complete rapture. I'm a sucker for the sensational even if it's a bunch
of dufus surfers from California (a place I have had 6 months of
personal contact with and really hate). "BOB" , talk about a bunch of
self absorbed losers, Californians really take the cake but I love 'end
times' shit and am trying the show for a few more weeks. "Bob" knows it
can hardly be worse then the Sopranos has been for the last year and a
half or so. Or can it?
Let me let you in on a little secret, the Cali's you hate are the
carnies that
flock here in droves every year with the hopes of 'being someone'.
(what brought you out here for 6 mos.???)
The multi-gen Cali's are not your bane, but I have noticed that Ohio exports
the real 'gems' that you run into out here. And the self absorbed, 9
outta 10
times they're Gothem mooks out here on nepotistic assignment.
Malibu's full of them.
Phillip Melanchthon
2007-06-12 00:23:54 UTC
I like the ending where Tony gets his dick caught in a sausage grinder
s***@yahoo.com
2007-06-12 01:36:17 UTC
i liked the ending where you see Mario asleep dreaming.
Giles
2007-06-12 02:03:26 UTC
Post by iDRMRSR
[...]
I thought they might do a Seinfeld-type end, where Tony would sit by
the pool and the ducks would come back.

Closure!
just john
2007-06-12 17:16:08 UTC
Post by iDRMRSR
Aftar eight years, tonight was the FINAL EPASODE of the Sopranos.
It just finished about a half hour ago, and already the HBO.COM website is
UNREACHABLE.
Never mind that shit, the third season of Deadwood came out on DVD
today.

Cocksuckers!
Sifu SODDI
2007-06-15 19:29:15 UTC
Post by just john
Post by iDRMRSR
Aftar eight years, tonight was the FINAL EPASODE of the Sopranos.
It just finished about a half hour ago, and already the HBO.COM website is
UNREACHABLE.
Never mind that shit, the third season of Deadwood came out on DVD
today.
Cocksuckers!
SAN FRANCISCO cocksuckers!

We de-hooked our cable last year (that included HBO). Saved nearly a grand.

So we decided, 'OK, we wait for "Deadwood" to come out on DVD. It'll be a
couple of months.'

"Deadwood" is out this week, I've Netflixed it and 2 episodes PER DAY are
coming in. We'll have watched season 3 by the weekend.

Those fucking HBO longforms are so fucking slow-moving and drawn out it's
the only way to watch 'em. "The Wire 4" and "Rome 2" are next.

See, you give these American teevee writers too much time and too much space
and they just expand shit to fill the void. "Carnevale" could have wrapped
up a good conclusion in the last season it was given... the writers just
didn't know what to do or how to do it.

I liked the way J. Michael Straczynky was forced to handle the imminent
cancellation of "Babylon 5" during season 4. He said he had a 5-year story
arc and given the facts he decided to COLLAPSE his planned seasons 4 and 5
into one season. I think it worked GOOD... better than earlier seasons, in
fact. Of course, then he GOT a fifth season and that wandered just all over
the place.

And then there's GOOD teevee long form:
The "House of Cards" trilogy
"Neverwhere"
"The Kingdom"
"A Very British Coup"
"The State Within"
"Ultraviolet"
"Coming Home" (very girly)
(more)

But see, the people who did those didn't have as much time or money as their
American counterparts... they had to use outmoded techniques such as STYLE
and ABILITY and PLOT.

And since they can't plan for an extended run, they need to plot a
RESOLUTION... an anathema to American teevee writers.

(BTW, the official Deadwood Times website- not HBO, the real Deadwood, SD -
notes the spelling of Swearengen's favorite whore as Tricksie... not Trixie.
More apropos, I think.)
Rev. James Slaughter
cripes, I just hope the world doesn't end before LOST is wrapped up.
just john
2007-06-15 20:30:58 UTC
Post by Sifu SODDI
Post by just john
Post by iDRMRSR
Aftar eight years, tonight was the FINAL EPASODE of the Sopranos.
It just finished about a half hour ago, and already the HBO.COM website is
UNREACHABLE.
Never mind that shit, the third season of Deadwood came out on DVD
today.
Cocksuckers!
SAN FRANCISCO cocksuckers!
We de-hooked our cable last year (that included HBO). Saved nearly a grand.
So we decided, 'OK, we wait for "Deadwood" to come out on DVD. It'll be a
couple of months.'
"Deadwood" is out this week, I've Netflixed it and 2 episodes PER DAY are
coming in. We'll have watched season 3 by the weekend.
Those fucking HBO longforms are so fucking slow-moving and drawn out it's
the only way to watch 'em. "The Wire 4" and "Rome 2" are next.
The wait for Season 4 of "The Wire" is driving me nuts. I hear it'll be
something like November before it gets released.

These shows (including "Carnivale" and "Oz" and, yes, "The Sopranos")
were good when I had cable, because they'd play each episode six or
seven times a month. And they stand up well to repeated viewings.

But now that I don't have HBO, buying the DVDs a season at a time works
for me. In the past week and a half, I've watched three seasons of
"Deadwood," and I look forward to watching 'em again.
Post by Sifu SODDI
I liked the way J. Michael Straczynky was forced to handle the imminent
cancellation of "Babylon 5" during season 4. He said he had a 5-year story
arc and given the facts he decided to COLLAPSE his planned seasons 4 and 5
into one season. I think it worked GOOD... better than earlier seasons, in
fact. Of course, then he GOT a fifth season and that wandered just all over
the place.
Plus there was the lack of Ivanova. But it did feature a Neil Gaiman
episode. I was hoping "Crusade" would go further, 'cuz "American
Gothic" made me such a mark for Gary Cole.

Maybe in a few years, they'll release a complete Bab5 universe DVD set
with all the eps, movies and spinoffs and multiple audio commentaries on
each one.

Speaking of aborted series and DVD sets, I treasure my "Firefly" and
"Profit" ones as well.
Post by Sifu SODDI
(BTW, the official Deadwood Times website- not HBO, the real Deadwood, SD -
notes the spelling of Swearengen's favorite whore as Tricksie... not Trixie.
More apropos, I think.)
... and for some reason, the subtitles of Season 1 of "The Wire" has
"knockos" instead of "narcos." (I turn the subtitles on when listening
to commentaries.)
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml
unknown
2007-06-15 20:56:17 UTC
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:29:15 -0400, "Sifu SODDI"
Post by Sifu SODDI
Those fucking HBO longforms are so fucking slow-moving and drawn out it's
the only way to watch 'em. "The Wire 4" and "Rome 2" are next.
See, you give these American teevee writers too much time and too much space
and they just expand shit to fill the void. "Carnevale" could have wrapped
up a good conclusion in the last season it was given... the writers just
didn't know what to do or how to do it.
I liked the way J. Michael Straczynky was forced to handle the imminent
cancellation of "Babylon 5" during season 4. He said he had a 5-year story
arc and given the facts he decided to COLLAPSE his planned seasons 4 and 5
into one season. I think it worked GOOD... better than earlier seasons, in
fact. Of course, then he GOT a fifth season and that wandered just all over
the place.
The ones I have watched (Lost, The Sopranos, Deadwood) the writers
aren't really telling a story at all ... they are linking one
cliff-hanger to the next. I've mostly lost interest in these series;
once that sunk in, I stopped caring about what happened next. There
IS NO what happens next.

I only watch them on DVD too, but even like that, just going from one
episode to the next, I just stop caring about how a hanging thread is
going to be resolved. There IS NO spoon.

It's like watching people argue about some movie or other, say Star
Wars, and asking questions like "did Luke REALLY KNOW that Leia was
his sister?" Or whatever. Luke Skywalker DOESN'T HAVE an internal
life. Most likely, the scriptwriters didn't even think about it, and
if they did, undoubtedly they would have put it on the screen.
Questions like that are a rorschach test, there is nothing there but
what you put into it.

Where a series like that goes next just doesn't interest me when I
realize the form of the series is just to keep spooling it out further
and further.

Personally, I would like to write a show in series format, it could be
a great way to tell a story without being limited to a two-hour format
where it's hard not to be predictable, because you really have to wrap
things up in a short time. If I were doing it though, I would think
of it as a series of stories, which would have definite ends. Then
you go into the next story. "And then ... a - and THEN" just gets
irritating after a while.
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy