New Bob Dobbs interview...
purple
2007-04-30 21:53:01 UTC
.. Part One: The Real Deal

http://www.plazaofthemind.blogspot.com

[Your life story is rather complicated, before we begin,
could you give my readers a brief overview of your life and
works?

Gerry Fialka's site has a useful summary:

[ROBERT DOBBS, poet and politician, is a seminal lecturer on
Joyce and McLuhan. He was the hit of last year's McLuhan
International Festival of the Future in Toronto, and his
appearances at Columbia University, University of Toronto,
among others, have generated fresh new insights and new
metaphors. He was born in Paris in 1922 and after World War
Two worked with international intelligence agencies for many
decades. He surfaced in 1987 on CKLN-FM in Toronto and began
whistleblowing. Two interpretations of Dobbs are circulating
in the popular media: one is through the Church of the
SubGenius that Dobbs inspired in 1978 in Dallas; the other
is on two CDs, Bob's Media Ecology and Bob's Media Ecology
Squared, put out in 1992 by Time Again Productions, early
students of Marshall McLuhan. The best presentation of
Dobbs' work is in his book, Phatic Communion with Bob Dobbs
(1992). Today, he travels the world explaining the Android
Meme, and the tracings of these activities are featured at
[his site, FiveBodied.]

I am confused, because during my preparations for this
interview I have seen you referred to as not only Bob Dobbs,
but also as Bob Marshall and , by the members of the Church
of the SubGenius, Bob Dean. What is the relationship between
Bob Dean, Bob Marshall and Bob Dobbs? I have heard a
recording of a man referred to as Bob Marshall and his voice
sounds very similar to yours. In the Bob's Media Ecology
record you tease him for not having what it takes to express
himself in the new environment. Are these other men still
around or are they a part of you in a trinity-esque manner,
like some sort of evolutionary process, from Dean to
Marshall to Dobbs?

Bob Marshall (not his real name) lives in Toronto. He keeps
a low profile. He's an actor. He was young and
impressionable when he worked with me at CKLN from August,
1984 to 1989, and acquired a voice like mine through natural
osmosis due to my charisma and his excellent miming talents.

People in Toronto thought his real name was Bob Dean. This
is the root of the confusion around the "Bob Dean-Bob
Marshall-Bob Dobbs" sequence. He and I have no knowledge of
"Bob Dean".

He stays with Connie and I, also, when he visits New York
City. We are still close friends.

No, there isn't any "evolutionary process" to it, in fact.
But I make fun of the urban legend around this sequence in
the right-hand column of my Tiny Note chart. [see page 30]

Did Bob Marshall ever get any work after he was let go from
CKLN?

He got no more work on the radio but he became a salesman
for a magazine distributor.

When did you construct your charts?

1995.

I enjoyed last October's episode of the International
Connection where Bob Marshall phoned up CKLN. He stated that
he had been possessed by Bob Dobbs. Do you do this sort of
thing on a regular basis?

No, I did it on that particular day because I knew it was
going to be the last show. Daniel, the cohost, always
claimed I was Bob Marshall. So I thought I'd humor him. It
was successful. He genuinely fell for my "mistake" - as you
can hear.

In my copy of Phatic Communion with Bob Dobbs, the copyright
is attributed to Robert Dean but this is pasted atop the
original page with a label. is there a reason or did I get
my used book from a disgruntled SubGenius?

That was pasted on by my former butler, Tom Touché. He
stole some of the five hundred copies of my book. He also
registered it at the ISBN under "Robert Dean" to sow a tiny
controversy. Another reason he's my ex-butler.

When I first announced that you had agreed to participate in
this interview at the Plaza of the Mind I received many
comments from people stating that you were a fraud. Is this
sort of scrutiny something you have had to deal with for
quite some time from people that you attempt to share your
ideas with?

Yes, in terms of how I'm perceived in the electrified media.
But anyone who encounters me in person invariably likes me,
or at least finds me amiable and of a pleasant sunny
disposition. However, one is never recognized as a prophet
in one's hometown, and the present global theater has been
my hometown.

Historically, one who offers deep perception of the present
environment - in other words, offers a perceptual
anti-environment to the PRESENT situation - has always been
interpreted as pointing to the "future". Such a response is
an anodyne for what is painful to behold. I am liked in
private because being an anti-environment, today, is merely
a hobby for me. For others, it's a "day job". As a matter of
fact, the role has been unionized.

The last I heard you reside in NYC, is this the case?

Yes.

Do you plan on staying in NYC permanently?

I'll always have a residence here but it won't be my only
one. I will be traveling a lot.

Is your citizenship Canadian or US?

I have 3 citizenships: French, Canadian, and one I'd rather
not disclose

What is a day in the life like for Bob Dobbs?

Part of my day is like that of an office receptionist. I
take many phone calls. Nobody would believe who calls me.
Even those who have my phone number would be shocked at who
else has my phone number if they knew.

When I'm living a regular routine, I generally don't get up
until around 9:30am. I don't get to bed until around 2:30am.
However, this changes occasionally. I try not to turn on any
electric mixed-corporate media (including the stove but not
the light switch) in the morning until noon. This is often
impossible because of the phone calls I get. I use an old
analog phone and avoid the cellphone as much as possible. I
schedule the reception of my incoming phone calls. But this
is often interrupted. I can honestly say I'm about 4 degrees
of separation from anyone that has a public profile in any
medium (except speech) in any country. This is due to my
intelligence work over the last 65 years. I'm also 4 degrees
of separation from very influential people who have no
public profile.

As for meals, I do "preventive eating". I don't own an
automobile. I use the subway, taxis, and airplanes. I walk
for at least 40 minutes every day. I don't ride a bike.
While I'm eating around noon, I jump around on the radio
dial. I take in all niche markets. As for music, I presently
like JACK-FM ("playing what we want"). I try to catch Dan
Romanello's Group Harmony Review oldies show on WFUV-FM on
Saturday at midnight. I don't have physical sexual affairs
but I am metaphysically promiscuous in the extreme. I almost
never watch television. When someone told me around 9:45am
on 9/11 about the airplane hitting the World Trade Center, I
watched for 45 minutes, then turned the TV off. I haven't
turned it on since. I do have to be on my MAC computer
throughout the day so I can assist in protecting New York
City from a terrorist incident. And I try to check out
FiveBodied at least once every 24 hours because I enjoy the
"youtubes" the members post. Since I'm on the phone so much,
I pace the room frenetically to keep limber. I don't jog but
I have strong legs.

Why am I on the phone so much? Because the Market demands
the metaphysical Word.

Do you have your groceries delivered?

No. I pick them up where they're delivered. I don't shop in
regular supermarkets.

What does 'preventive eating' consist of?

It means eating nutrient-supplement powders like PROVIDE.
The idea is to eat to strengthen one's immune system and
increase energy.

I have seen images of you and you appear quite youthful for
a man your age. What is your secret?

It's probably partly genetic, but drinking Joe Dun Sloan's
D-Cell water since 1969 has been an important factor.

I have never heard of Joe Dun Sloan. Could you give a little
background?

Joe Dun Sloan was born around 1908 in Chicago, I think. He
eventually moved to Los Angeles in the Thirties or Forties.
He got involved with the metaphysical circles around Gina
Cermina and the medium, Mark Probert. He also worked with
Bob Beck back in the Sixties. He became the third human to
make D-Cell water - after John Brown (in the Fifties) and
Hilary Dorey (in the early Sixties).

I first discovered your works when a college friend gave me
a cassette tape of the Bob's Media Ecology Squared record. I
have often referred to it as one of my favorite records of
all time. In interviews you have stated that the record was
actually Nelson Thall's take on your work and did not
necessarily reflect what you would have put into an album.
How much involvement did you have in the project?

I was on CKLN-FM in Toronto every 2 weeks from June 17,
1987, until August, 1991 (with a 2-month haitus between the
end of April, 1988, and the end of June, 1988). I said from
the beginning that what I broadcast could be used by any
listener in any way they wished. I didn't put any copyright
restrictions on use of what I uttered on the air.

Nelson Thall took advantage of this opportunity and asked
Dave Newfeld to make an album from audio tapes of my
mouthings. I wasn't aware of Nelson's request until Newfeld
told me in early 1991. I told Dave I wanted nothing to do
with the project. The rest of the story is found in this
thread from FiveBodied, It goes like this:

[... between Dec. '90 and late '93 or early '94, Dave
Newfeld was successively contracted to make 3 albums for
Nelson Thall. Not all 3 at the beginning, but the success of
BME1 led serendipitously (for Newfeld) to BME2, and then to
the McLuhan album. Thall dreamed their existence and Newfeld
manifested his wishes and was remunerated accordingly by
Thall. For me, they're all the product of Dave's imagination
with a few peripheral suggestions from Nelson thrown in.

I personally, if I had produced the albums back then, would
have done them a lot differently, I suppose. For example,
the phrase "everything's disappeared" would not have been
presented as an ideology that I promoted or believed in. I
would've presented it as the forlorn complaint by an
advertising executive...

However, in early '93 Nelson asked me to produce the video
for the song, "Everything's Disappeared." I did that without
any payment from Thall. I took the opportunity to put my
charts into the video. Two versions were made...

...And the video is a classic. Thall should put it "up" on
YouTube.]

Dave Newfeld and I are still close friends and you can read
lots about Dave's work with Broken Social Scene by googling
him in that context.

Dave stays with Connie and I when he comes to New York City.

Your co-host at the time was Mike Dyer and he also appears
on the records. How did you get involved in the radio show?

Myke Dyer was a programmer at CKLN who offered to broadcast
my tapes of Mae Brussell who had a show on a station near
Carmel, California in the Seventies and Eighties. Myke did
this in the 1985-86 period. At that point Myke and I were
mere acquaintances. In June, 1987, at a CKLN meeting
introducing the new station manager, Punam Khosla, I got
talking to Myke. He asked me if I had heard of the Church of
the SubGenius. I said yes and pointed out how the J.R. "Bob"
Dobbs logo was based on a picture of my father. He was a bit
surprised and subsequently asked me to come on his show and
prove it. I took up the offer on June 17, 1987, and we never
looked back. We became close friends. The show stopped in
1991 when he moved out of Toronto. It was never my show. I
was just a guest for 4 years.

Here is the transcript, from my diary entry, of the opening
banter on our first broadcast together on June 17, 1987:

[Myke Dyer: As regular listeners to my show here at CKLN
know, I have been playing tapes from the Church of the
SubGenius the last few weeks. At the same time, listeners
know that Bob Marshall's show, The International Connection,
has been taken off the air here at the station. Well,
surprise, surprise, the two seemingly unconnected events,
unbeknownst to me, have a meaning none of us could have
foreseen. It turns out that J. R. Bob Dobbs, the mascot of
the Church, was not assassinated on January twenty-first,
nineteen eighty-four, has left Dallas, has resurfaced in
Toronto, and is sitting across from me in the studio. Good
evening, sir.

Dobbs: Good evening, Myke... good evening, Mr. Mulronrey...
good evening, Mr. Bobby Fulford. In the broadest sense your
introduction is true, but in the particulars I want to make
a few adjustments. I am Bob Dobbs, not J. R. Bob Dobbs -
J.R. is a cartoon version of me that I inspired back in
February of 1978. I have nothing to do with the creation of
the Church of the SubGenius per se, nor with any of its
commercial activities such as the tapes you've been playing.
In fact I left Dallas in nineteen eighty-two after the
failed attempt to start Nuclear War One. I've been skulking
around Toronto for about four years now spending more time
with my wife Connie who has been living in Toronto the last
nine years.

Dyer: And you know Bob Marshall?

Dobbs: Yes, after I met him here in Toronto, I encouraged
him to create a show on CKLN. I continued to advise him
behind the scenes as his show became a success and assumed a
high profile in Toronto. But thanks to the Iran-Contra
hearings in Washington and other events, I decided that Bob
Marshall should step aside and I make my move to reveal my
long-planned agenda.

Dyer: And because you've impressed me over the last week
with your credentials, I've made a tentative commitment to
assist you with your plan even though I don't fully
understand it, yet. I am not guaranteeing you anything.
We'll just see how it goes. I'm as curious as the listeners
probably are.

Dobbs: I sincerely appreciate that, Myke. So let's get the
ball rolling.

Myke then played some excerpts from one of the Media-Barrage
audio tapes composed by Church members and at various points
Myke stopped the tape and allowed Bob to explain the real
knowledge that inspired these hallucinated interpretations
of Dobbs.]

Myke Dyer and I are still good friends, and he stayed with
Connie and I when he ran in the New York Marathon in
November, 2006.

How did he place?

I don't know specifically but he accomplished his goal which
was to do it in about 3 hours, I think. He says he certainly
had the greatest place to recuperate - namely, our
Dobbstown.

Bob's Media Ecology Squared seems to be quite a rarity. In
fact, I have never even seen the cover for the Bob's Media
Ecology Squared record. I do, however, own the first Bob's
Media Ecology and have the full paged add from Mondo 2000 in
a frame in my office. How many copies of each album were
printed?

I don't know. Perhaps 500 to a thousand. Newfeld might know.
When interviewed at the time, I often said that millions
were exchanged. Counting the copies duplicated, I am
probably correct. I think it is the greatest album ever made
- if there can be such a thing. It's even better and more
comprehensive in concept than Zappa's Lumpy Gravy (1967).
This fact will be obvious in 500 years. Newfeld still balks
at this boast but he thinks my Memo to Prince Charles in the
booklet might qualify as the greatest liner notes. Let's
check back with him in 2020 to see if he would include the
soundtrack in retrospect.

You mention that in five hundred years your record will be
regarded as the greatest one ever recorded. What do the next
five hundred years look like?

In one hundred years, every tool or artifact you see around
you today will have disappeared. Poverty will be gone and so
will disease. We will have made contact with the Booteans in
the mid-2020's and that will accelerate progress wildly.
There will continue to be wars and the final Armageddon will
happen in 500 years when we will have invented a device that
will erase everything we knew up to that point. We will
fight over whether to implement that technology. It will
hyper-crystallize what McLuhan meant when he said "the
medium is the message". This will be the time when BME
illuminates.

You have expressed an appreciation for the works of Frank
Zappa. Are there any other musicians that you hold in high
esteem?

None as high as Frank Zappa. I think it's because he wasn't
limited to his role of "musician". I only purchase his CDs
and videos. I haven't bought any other music in 35 years.
But living in Manhattan for 14 years has given me access to
a tremendous variety of radio stations. I'm a glutton for
all kinds of music. I love them all according to my moods.
Any music is easy to enjoy if you have my kind of
quadrophrenia. But I have never worn a Walkman or an iPod. I
want to be aware of my responses to the environment when my
Chemical Body walks through it.

I quit the Walkman seven years ago around the same time that
I quit wearing logo t-shirts. What would your albums have
sounded like had you been the producer?

I didn't and don't think about it. I was too busy to make
albums. Through the years since, Newfeld has expressed an
interest in doing one with me. It hasn't happened yet but
he's the man if events lead to such a project. We have
similar tastes in music. And he's much improved in his
studio skills. I do like the input I injected into the
video, "Everything's Disappeared" (Jan. 1993). It might make
the short list for greatest video in the far future, too.
The technicians who made that video went on to huge careers.

I've always gotten a kick out of the 'don't bring that
television into the house' sample. Is that an electroquote
of you from your show?

That's a quote made by Bob Marshall (born 1949) before a
taping over the phone of a segment in an audio series on
Marshall McLuhan. This series was done for the University of
Toronto's CIUT-FM in 1987 by Dave Newfeld with Nelson Thall
and Bob Marshall co-hosting. Newfeld did this for CIUT (they
initially were going to do it for CKLN) after he was
unfairly fired by Adam Vaughan (CKLN's station manager at
the time and presently a recently-elected Toronto City Hall
politician) in July '86. Adam Vaughan later fired Bob
Marshall (host of The International Connection) in May '87
in revenge for losing the McLuhan series which he deeply
wanted to be associated with since he and his family had
been friends and neighbours of McLuhan. This was when I
entered and got on Myke Dyer's show a month later. Bob
Marshall did not know I had arranged for him to be fired
since I had to get on the air to manipulate the elections
for Chairperson of the Secret Council of Ten in Feb.'88. The
movie MAN OF THE YEAR (2006) xenochronously replays the
actual events that helped me win that position in early '88.

Later, when I told Bob Marshall why he was really fired, he
was very upset. It took many years for him to understand why
I had to do it and for him to forgive me. We can laugh about
it now. As we all know, this is always the way life's memory
works. Forgiveness is an essential human trait - but only
for the past.

On Bob's Media Ecology, who performs the Grammar Rap?

Some teenager that Newfeld found in Toronto. I never met the
boy.

How many 'Reverse Radio Show' calls did you do? I've always
loved that opening track on Bob's Media Ecology Squared
where you call that pleasant lady and explain the discarnate
experience to her.

We only did it once - the evening of "Black Monday", October
19, 1987, at Dave's apartment in Toronto.

David Newfeld's take on your radio show?

You can hear it at [a recording of Mr. Newfeld's call to
the International Connection in October of 2006 - see
Appendix A--.]

Otherwise, he's one of its greatest fans. So much so, that
he discovered "Bob's Talk Show" broadcasting from the astral
plane, discussed on Art Bell's show about five years ago.
Only Dave could have the xenochrony to catch that one.

I have a hard time getting my head around the meaning of
that word xenochrony. Could you give a brief explanation?

Today we all experience synchronicity more and more. If one
decides not to identify with the experience - which I would
recommend doing, one will find the synchronicity increases
no matter how much one tries to play down its personal
significance. This insistent "strange synchronicity" was
called xenochrony by Frank Zappa.

About six years ago there was a site called MediaGuru that I
believe was run by Nelson Thall, it was the first I had
heard of him. It seems that you no longer are collaborating
with Mr. Thall. Did you ever have a creative partnership? Do
you know what happened to it?

In the Nineties I helped Nelson write a column for a
Canadian publication called Adnews. He started the website,
MediaGuru, with Robert Apple in the mid-Nineties. I didn't
have anything to do with it. I enjoyed many creative
conversations with Nelson during those years, up to and
including my 4 months as co-host with Nelson on the Cloak
and Dagger show on Toronto's MOJO radio station from July 7,
2002, to the first week of November, 2002. I didn't like the
direction he was taking the show so I dropped out. I am even
more disappointed with his web version of Cloak and Dagger.

I have not spoken to Nelson since the first week of
November, 2002.

There have also been several other sites pertaining to your
work that have sprung up here and there and then vanished.
How deeply involved are you with these sites based upon your
work? .

I was aware of them as they were created and offered old
written materials of mine as they were requested but I have
no other involvement with them. The creators of two
particular sites, Marc Free (posi-tone.com) and Scott Norris
(xenochrony.com) from Los Angeles, have been good friends of
mine since 1995.

I feel as though I am peeling away the layers of an onion
the more I discover about your works. It started with the
one cassette tape, several years later I discovered about
five hours worth of radio mp3s on line and now at five
bodied there is twenty seven hours worth of audio available.
Is this all part of the plan you mentioned earlier, your
campaign to let people know that you have been running the
show all along?

Yes.

Are you familiar with the Panawave Laboratory and its
leader, Yuko Chino? Do you have any insights into the type
of meme they are trying to create? I am drawn to them quite
strongly and yet I cannot tell why, other than the sheets
and uniforms.

I have never heard of Panawave Laboratory and its leader,
Yuko Chino.

The Panawave Laboratory are a group out of Japan that shield
themselves from electronic waves by draping themselves in
white sheets. they claim that old soviets are attempting to
give their leader Yuko Chino cancer through radio waves. I
am drawn to them quite strongly and yet cannot tell why,
other than the sheets and uniforms. This seems to be a
metaphorical process, and I have two questions. Is this sort
of behavior necessary in today's world?

Yes, if one finds purpose and meaning in paranoia. It's
not necessary otherwise.

Or does it reflect an archaic school of thought?

Yes, it does, just as Orwell's book, 1984, reflects a
pattern from long ago.

Do you have any insights into Soviet mind control techniques
from the fifties and sixties?

They, like the CIA, found their techniques didn't work.

What is the story concerning 2012, the end of the Mayan time
cycle?

The Mayan's knowledge of cycles was useful up to 2012 C.E.
They couldn't understand what came after that year. The
frictionless-based society that would be made possible by
the coming cold-fusion battery was incomprehensible to them
since their knowledge, like that of all cultures before the
coming post-2012 culture, was based on friction-based
paradigms. They stopped the calendar at 2012 because the
implications after that made no sense to them.

Should I be worried?

Not in the least. The Evergreens have predicted that the
most popular T-shirt slogan in 2013 will be, "I survived
2012".

I have been profoundly inspired by the works of Doris Cross
and Hannah Darboven. Do you have any insight into their
works?

I have never heard of them. But I might have insights into
their works if I studied them.

I have listened to your interview with Nardwuar and have
found it to be quite informative because you are able to
spend some time detailing your life history. However, I was
troubled by the way Nardwuar treated you for much of the
interview. I am not familiar with Nardwuar so I do no know
if that is just his style or if he was really trying to make
jokes at your expense. How did you end up on the Nardwuar
show to begin with?

In the summer of 1998, he emailed me and requested an
interview. I had never heard of him. I knew nothing about
his show. I think he was interested in my take on the Church
of the SubGenius' X-day (July 5, 1998).

Did you find that broadcast to be satisfying?

Yes, because I quickly realized at the beginning of the
interview that he was very silly. I thought this will be a
good opportunity to show how I can handle any style of
communication and still get my message out. Subsequently,
anyone who heard it and was in touch with me, said I "won"
because he didn't throw me off my game. I wasn't trying to
win but I enjoyed that interpretation. Nardwuar enjoyed it,
too, because we did a second one a short while later when he
guest-hosted an Internet radio show. I don't know if he was
able to make a copy of that one. It's not in his archive.

In it you revealed that your father was the template for the
Dallas based Church of the Subgenius. What are your fondest
memories of you mother and father as you grew up?

My father's storytelling about his employers, their
employers, and THEIR employers - going way back, and my
mother's deep, sunny disposition while all around her others
schemed and plotted incessantly.

You grew up in France in the years just before the second
world war. what was your childhood like? Do you have any
fond childhood memories you would care to share?

Those memories are scattered throughout at FiveBodied, You
will find diary entries for my encounters, between 1935 and
1945, with Aldous Huxley, Ezra Pound, Wyndham Lewis, James
Joyce, G. Gurdjieff, Fritz Kraemer, Aleister Crowley, T.S.
Eliot, etc. I feature them because they were to become
well-known figures later but, being young and sheltered at
the time, I didn't fully realize who they were. However, I
remember them because they triggered "psychic" flashes in me
at the first meeting. These flashes would mean a great deal
to me decades down the road.

As for my domestic situation, I had the best parents one
could have in the days when parenting was relatively
possible. (Today, parents aren't needed, technically.) It
was a Harry Potter life squared (as I have merely suspected
since I haven't read the books or seen the movies) because I
was living with the magicians now known as the Priory of
Sion. In a way, it was the "center for culture and
technology" - a power vortex worthy of Lucifer. Alice in
Wonderland... The Wizard of Oz... You name it. Basically I
was constantly "drunk" in my kid years. I never went to
public school. When I met Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart)
in the late Fifties near Lancaster, California, I recognized
in him a kind of replay of a similar effect of being
"unschooled". However, in the late Forties (in my late
twenties), I was abruptly sobered up.

But a persistent memory is the smell of Paris in the
evening. This is my instant door to quiet ecstasy.

What sobered you up?

Helping re-position Nazis in intelligence agencies around
the world after World War Two. The American branch of the
operation was called Project Paperclip. You can now read
books on it.

How did you meet Connie?

I first saw her in a nightclub in Paris in 1944. In
December, 1944, I got to know her better as we worked with
Fritz Kraemer at the Ardennes Battle of the Bulge.

How long have you been married?

We started living together in 1966 and got married on June
9, 1970. So we've been cohabiting for over 40 years.

How far back can you trace your ancestry?

I'm aware of about the last 300 years. We were mere
servants. I guess the remarkable thing is we remained in
that role for so long - like aristocratic families, only
upside down.

You have never mentioned siblings. Do you have any? I myself
am an only child so I was curious.

I have 2 younger sisters. They wanted nothing to do with our
parents' world and left it after 1960. They have quiet
lives.

What made you choose Toronto as the city to start whistle
blowing in?

Because Connie moved there in 1977. And she was in Toronto
because at that time Canada was going to become the
"Switzerland" of the Solar Government in the Eighties.

Toronto is a great city, I visited many times as a child.
I'm from Michigan originally and it was a six or seven hour
trek. I was always impressed by how different it felt from
my home town. It seemed somehow crisper.

I recall Bucky Fuller, in the Seventies, saying Toronto was
the best-designed city in the world. Toronto may not give
off that vibe today (since "everything's disappeared") but
in the Seventies and Eighties it had all the amenities of
the North American discarnate, "virtual" society with a
juicy patina of human scale. Your youthful intuition was not
inappropriate.

I just picked up a book by Buckminster Fuller. I find him to
be fascinating on many levels. He almost seems like a
rockstar as opposed to an architect, sort of like McLuhan.
Did you ever meet him?

Yes, many times. He had been a good friend of McLuhan since
the early Sixties. Here's a secret about Bucky: he kept his
hearing aid turned off during the question period of his
marathon lectures.

Why aren't there many well-known men like Fuller and McLuhan
these days? You are the only one who fits the bill.

People don't have the attention spans for logocentric
monologues anymore. That's why I went for the talk-show
phone-in format. I have good ears and would never turn off
my hearing aid.

Besides the frequent trips as a child, my image of Canada
has been greatly influenced by the early films of David
Cronenberg and your recordings. Crimes of the Future, The
Brood and Rabid resonate with me in that they represent an
existence that I yearn to inhabit. Have you seen these
films?

No.

Is this image of Canada still a truthful one or is it merely
a retrieval of the 'way it once was' before everything
disappeared?

Canada disappeared in the Nineties like everything else. Any
sense of Canada, past or present, is retrieved and propped
up now for those who refuse to believe its hologram has
disappeared. Check out Bruce Powe's book, TOWARDS A CANADA
OF LIGHT (2006), for an understanding of Canada based on
McLuhan's notion of tactility.

Should I just make due with the electronic retrievals or
should I actively seek this ambience out?

You can do both. There's room for every meme. The best
definition of Canada when it existed was: Canada could've
had American technology, French culture, and British
politics. Instead, it got American culture, French politics,
and British technology.

Did you ever get a chance to visit Rochdale ?

Yes.

Why do you think that Rochdale ended in such a way?

Because the community there did not understand their
neighbour down the street, Marshall McLuhan.

Rochdale was the largest co-op residence in North America.
Rochdale occupied an 18-story student residence at Bloor St.
and Huron St. in Toronto. It was situated on the edges of
the University of Toronto campus and near Yorkville,
Canada's hippie haven in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Rochdale took its name from Rochdale, a town in north-west
England, where the world's first cooperative society was
established in the 1800s.[2]

What mistakes were made and what could an aspiring Utopian
do differently {or is the idea of the utopia already
obsolete?} to ensure that the same end did not occur?

McLuhan liked to point out that the word "utopia" meant "no
place". As McLuhan's widow, Corinne, says at the end of the
recent NFB documentary on McLuhan (McLUHAN'S WAKE, 2002):
"Marshall was completely right intellectually but his work
cannot be applied practically" (or something along those
lines). With McLuhan, one escapes into understanding.

You are often described as a McLuhanite. How do you feel
about this label?

I don't mind it at all but it isn't true. Just ask the
McLuhanites. They say I know nothing about McLuhan and do
him a disservice. One cannot categorize me because I've
experienced too much.

How well did you know McLuhan?

Very well.

What kind of guy was he?

He was a "gerk gawk" - a guy who gives jerks a bad name. But
very kind and generous, full of energy. He often changed in
different circumstances so you couldn't predict what he'd do
or say next. With him, the medium was the message and the
user was the content.

The Evergreens (6500 astral entities channeled for 30 years
through the deep-trance psychic, Michael Blake Read) said
Zoroaster was the first human to completely wake up. If one
knew McLuhan like I did, then one would have no hesitation
in saying that McLuhan was the "second coming" of Zoroaster.
He woke up to something Zoroaster could not have known.

The Evergreens and Zoroaster 'waking up' sounds much like
the concept behind the Matrix. Who are the evergreens?

The Evergreens are 6,500 to 7,000 astral entities that are
channeled through the deep-trance psychic, Michael Blake
Read. Michael's mediumship began in August, 1974, and
completed in October, 2004. He did over 10,000 one-hour
sessions (private and public) and had clients in 19
countries. Every session is on a master audio tape. Call
604-536-7402 and order their catalogue. I recommend their
Millenium series.

Are they related to your own posthumous interviewing
techniques?

Yes, it was through Michael Blake Read that I interviewed,
over a 16-year period (1988-2004), "spirits" claiming to be
Marshall McLuhan, Marcel Duchamp, Jiddu Krishnamurti,
President Eisenhower, James Joyce, Wyndham Lewis, Ezra
Pound, Nelson Rockeller, Johannes Kepler, Thomas Edison,
Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, The Nazarene (The Evergreens'
name for Jesus Christ), Norbert Wiener,
"Captain" Al Hubbard, Frank Zappa, Timothy Leary, Terence
McKenna, Dr. Peter Beter, Mae Brussell, Garrett Deane, my
parents, and a few others.

Can you describe Garret Deane?

Garrett Deane may be the person I had the most fun with,
next to Connie. He was born in Hopewell (near New Glasgow),
Nova Scotia, in 1907. He grew to about 6'3", and was thin.
He arrived in New York City around 1927. He was a model at
first but quickly got into theater. In the Thirties he was
asked to be a member of Eva Le Gallienne's repertory theatre
group. He turned her down. He later said that was a mistake,
perhaps. He also knew Mae West and many other New York
actors who went on to work in Hollywood.

In the Forties, he had an antique store where the Hilton New
York is today on Sixth Avenue and W53rd St. People who
visited him at this store ranged from Marlon Brando,
Salvador Dali, through to diplomats at the United Nations.
It was very difficult to get him to sell you something in
his store. He didn't like what the Rockefellers did to
Manhattan so he eventually returned to Dartmouth, Nova
Scotia, in 1967, and began to spend more time at his
deceased parents' old home on Queen Street. He would still
visit Manhattan once a year until the late Seventies.

I met him in Dartmouth in the mid-Fifties. He had an amazing
projection in his voice. You could hear it through the
telephone from across the room but it didn't hurt the ears
of the one who had the receiver in their ear. Hanging out
with him was like living inside James Joyce's Finnegan's
Wake. But he was also a one-man Salvation Army for the
marginalized. He died on November 2, 1993. I have hours of
him on audio tape. Perhaps he should be in the audio
archives at FiveBodied.

I recently vacationed in Nova Scotia and enjoyed it a great
deal - especially the Cabot trail. Did you used to visit
Garret there?

Yes, after we left Nova Scotia in 1977, I visited him every
Christmas from 1979-1985. I talked to him on the phone
regularly but didn't see him again after 1985. When he died,
I wrote an obituary for the Halifax Chronicle-Herald in the
November 25/93 edition which inspired a local CBC audio
documentary on him that was subsequently played every
Christmas until around 2000.

I just received my hardcopy of Phatic Communion after years
of searching for it. There is some thick stuff in that book.
I have found the audio commentary that you recorded for it
to be an indispensable companion piece to it. How did the
commentary come about?

Last spring I was doing an audio commentary on my charts
with a person. That's about 22 hour-long sessions. Another
person living in Portland, Oregon, heard about this and
suggested he and I read through the whole Phatic Communion
book and have a dialogue. We started last summer and have
now done about 35 ninety-minute audio recordings. We are
halfway through the book. We intend to post the whole series
on FiveBodied.

Who did you record it with?

Scott Norris.

Are there plans of releasing all fifty hours of it?

It may turn out to be 100 hours. We will post all of it.

Since I enjoy your outpourings so much I hope that this
resource is not too limited.

Not to worry. Even the Astral Plane will have access to it
all.

Sleeper is the one who pointed me to the FiveBodied message
board. Does he run the site? What is your relationship to
him?

Yes, he runs FiveBodied. I met him through Nelson Thall in
'99 or 2000. He had a business building websites in Toronto
in the mid-Nineties. Nelson needed a web designer, met
Sleeper, and hired him a while before I met Sleeper. Sleeper
acquired this moniker when he took a role on our MOJO radio
show in July '02. He sympathised with my goals and later
defected from Nelson Thall to create FiveBodied in August
'05.

I know you are a fan of the Parallax View and the Manchurian
Candidate, you've also done a brilliant interview about the
Matrix. Are there any other films that you feel are must
sees for aspiring media ecologists?

First off, analyse the effects of any movie one is
fascinated by - as if it was one's soul (or what Gurdjieff
termed one's "chief feature"). Then check these out:

ENEMY OF THE STATE (1998), THE SEARCHERS (1956), RESERVOIR
DOGS (1992), "RAMEAU'S NEPHEW" BY DIDEROT (THANX TO DENNIS
YOUNG) BY WILMA SCHOEN (1974), LORD LOVE A DUCK (1966), TWIN
PEAKS: FIREWALK WITH ME (1992), GREASER'S PALACE (1972), THE
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS MOVIE (2004), PUTNEY SWOPE (1969),
GODFATHER: PART III (1990), SECRET HONOR (1984), MR. HULOT'S
HOLIDAY (1953), DONNIE BRASCO (1997), THE LAST OF SHEILA
(1973), BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID (1969), VANILLA
SKY (2001), SECONDS (1966), MAN OF THE YEAR (2006),
SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE (1972), YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT (1968),
THIEF (1981), NETWORK (1976), WILD AT HEART (1990), THE
QUIET EARTH (1985), THE FORMULA (1980), FINNEGAN'S WAKE
(1966), KING OF NEW YORK (1990), REACH FOR THE SKY (1956),
CASINO (1995), BLACKBOARD JUNGLE (1955), THE PLAYER (1992),
GIRLS TOWN (1959), DIVA (1981), GOIN' DOWN THE ROAD (1970),
OLD YELLER (1957), BARTON FINK (1991), THE BLOB (1958), THE
PASSENGER (1975), BLUE COLLAR (1978), BEST SELLER (1987),
MORE (1969), MINORITY REPORT (2002), 200 MOTELS (1971), LOST
HIGHWAY (1997), JULIET OF THE SPIRITS (1965), THE GREAT
ESCAPE (1963), BLOWUP (1966), EASY RIDER (1969), CLOSE
ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND (1977), THE KING OF COMEDY
(1983) - the last five are in the far left-hand column of my
Tiny Note chart (1995).

[See Page 30]

I enjoy using film as a sedative. I feel it helps my dreams.
Do you have any insights on this?

Movies were an extension of the dreaming function in the
central nervous system. TV was an extension of the fantasy
function in the central nervous system.

It's interesting that you've included several Lynch films.
During his new 'Inland Empire' I found myself drifiting
'back to sleep' [as you describe in BME] How does Lynch,
being so abstract, end up resonating as truly realistic?

Lynch combines the movie and television functions as defined
in the previous answer. This approach will always appear to
resonate as realistic because it's an exact replay of our
recent perceptual lives over the last 30 years.

There is a film called 'The Day that Time Ended'. I believe
that it somehow captures childhood in a manner unparalleled
in most film. Have you ever seen this film?

No.

Have you ever seen the film Tron?

No.

It's a film centers around a programmer who is zapped into
the computer world and he must fight through video games to
get his way out. The film also has a subtext of Christian
imagery. The programs that believe in user's are put to
death in arena sports, and the programmer who got zapped in
has almost god-like powers in the computer world. This
seemed to be a metaphor of something that is going on though
I am hard pressed to know what.

It sounds like a metaphor for what I talk about - the
pentad manager. When you complete your studies with me, you
will understand why I say this.

The electronic composer Wendy Carlos scored the film - she
had earlier done the score to A Clockwork Orange as Walter
Carlos. Are you familiar with her work?

Heard of her but don't recall her music.

I enjoyed the film I, Robot but regretted the fact that the
robots were not allowed to rule the earth. I think they
would have done a much better job. Could you give me a media
conscious analysis?

Our robotic memes have replaced the robotic extensions of
our Chemical Body.

What do you make of the flood of documentary films that have
come out since Bush became president. Everytime I go to the
video store there's a new one about something. I don't watch
any of them.

On the Forever Changes album, Arthur Lee sings "the news
today will be the movies for tomorrow". Since television
created news as fantasy, movies then gave people a sense of
reality documented. But in the present
post-information society, documentaries satisfy the
nostalgia for fantasy.

You've also appeared in a film yourself, Def Con Bob, by
Eli Elliot. How did you meet Eli?

He is a friend of Gerry Fialka in Venice, California. Gerry
introduced us a couple of years ago.

What's the story behind that film?

I visited Los Angeles in February, 2005, and appeared at
several venues and on one radio station where I was
interviewed. These events were organized by Gerry Fialka.

You also did a video concerning UFOs a few years back. I
never got a chance to see it. Do you have any other videos
out?

That UFO video is from a UFO conference in Mesquite, Nevada,
where I spoke for almost 3 hours on August 17, 1999. It's
called BOB DOBBS: ANDROID MEME'S XENOCHRONY. It should be
available from Bob Brown's company, The International UFO
Congress.

Other videos include:

1. Two interviews with Ted Loman on his UFOAZ television
show in Tucson, Arizona, recorded in May, 1999. I review the
history of the Illuminati and its fate during historical
media phases.

2. I've done about 8 one-hour dialogues with Harold Channer
on his Manhattan Neighborhood Network show, CONVERSATIONS
WITH HAROLD CHANNER. Channer has done about 2000 interviews
since 1973 with everyone from Sanford Weill to Bucky Fuller.

I have always been fascinated and comforted by the situation
comedy. As a matter of fact I am now producing one entitled
'Look Out Below!' I was wondering if you could explain to me
why I am emotionally comforted by situation comedies and why
I enjoy them much more than watching the news?

Because they show the drama of cognition for life under
electronic conditions.

Are you familiar with Bob Larson and his exorcisms? I had
the chance to witness one last summer and it was quite the
experience.

I don't know Larson's work but I consider myself an exorcist
of the Android Meme's xenochrony.

I used to be enthralled by the backlit screen of my parents
magic chef stove. Why?

It's the glow of light-through rather than light-on. All
Americans since TV are fascinated by a form that contradicts
the educational establishment's preference for light-on,
i.e., the structure of the printed book.

Are you familiar with the works of Paul Laffoley?

Yes. And I met Paul at the Disinfo.com conference in
Manhattan in February, 2000. I participated in his
channeling of "Tesla" the next day (a Sunday). When I
arrived at his hotel room (apparently the actual final
residence of Tesla), I told him I had talked with "Tesla"
through the Evergreens. So he asked me to lead the session.
I did so for the first hour or so. Also attending were Kenn
Thomas of Steamshovel Press and Adam Parfrey of Feral House.
They left before the long session was over. I heard they
were not
impressed. About eight months later I had the opportunity to
ask the Evergreens
if Tesla was coming through Paul and they said yes but he
was filtered strongly by Paul's mind and/or projections.

Are you aware of the hollow earth mythology? Any insights?

Yes. But apparently it's not true. So an insight into the
meme would be that it's a product of the transparency of
biological and geological forms when we are permeated by the
discarnate, electronic form. It anticipates the memes of
"black holes" and "dark matter".

What would you consider to be the top ten 'must read' books
for this time and place?

Try these:

1. THE APES OF GOD (1930) by Wyndham Lewis
2. AMERICA AND COSMIC MAN (1948) by Wyndham Lewis
3. GRAVITY'S RAINBOW (1973) by Thomas Pynchon
4. AMERICAN TABLOID (1995) by James Ellroy
5. THE COLD SIX THOUSAND (2001) by James Ellroy
6. THE CASTLE IN THE FOREST (2007) by Norman Mailer
7. TAKE TODAY (1972) by Marshall McLuhan
8. DATA TRASH (1994) by Arthur Kroker and Michael Weinstein
9. TRANSFORMING HISTORY (2001) by William Irwin Thompson
10 BEYOND THE WORD (1995) by Donald Theall

or, for the eager reader in a hurry, my PHATIC COMMUNION
WITH BOB DOBBS (1992).

Do you play video games?

I played a Pac-Man game one day in 1980.

I was eight or nine when the first video games came out and
I have pretty much played them daily since then. A friend of
mine used to say I was addicted to Pharmatronics. Is there
any danger with an addiction like this?

No. Distraction is the lifeblood of our physical world.

There is a game called Shin Megami Tensei out of Japan. It
deals with people who can summon demons from all the
mythologies and use their powers. This really speaks to me
for some reason. Any insights?

The movie medium contained all media. That was 80 years ago.
Today, the Android Meme allows YOU, the user, to contain and
edit all media. The Shin Megami Tensei game translates this
new fact (or figure-ground relationship)
into familiar terms for you.

I have often enjoyed reading articles about artists and
architecture more than I enjoy poetry. I read them like
poetry actually, repeatedly, and your articles are no
exception. Any insights?

As visual space and its pleasures of linear thinking recedes
into our perceptual unconscious, it acquires archetypal
status. This means any act of reading seems "poetic" to
anyone who gets insights from it.

Do you think that the decrease in the human attention span
is something that will continue to dwindle or will we see a
resurgence of Victorian era attention to detail once the
over-saturation has completed?

The so-called "decrease in the human attention span" only
applies to the older consumerist media forms. As people
moved into personal producer modes via the interactive,
digital forms, they applied their attention more and more to
THEIR particular interests. Some call it "narcissism" or
"solipsism". Be that
as it may, they certainly have strong attention spans when
it comes to their personal virtual worlds. The Android Meme
only encourages this.

I'm into kung-fu, what do you do to maintain the chemical
body? I briefly saw your wife's website and it seemed quite
informative, it reminded me of my relationship to my wife.
she helps me maintain my chemical body.

I want to have my head frozen when I die to have it
potentially rewired into a robotic body or clone when the
technology catches up. My wife says that this is a step in
the wrong direction. Any insights?

She's right. We will eventually have 50% of our bodies made
up of "metal". However, your understanding of death will be
quite different in 50 years, so you will adopt a different
approach to immortality.

Your statement about Nardwuar was quite telling and in that
you wanted to communicate in any style and still get your
message out. I would say that you succeeded. What made you
decide to go into broadcasting to begin with. What was,
after a life of espionage, the straw that broke the camel's
back and made you decided to start whistleblowing?

I went into broadcasting DURING my espionage life. I had to
do it in order to direct the Android Meme in my favour via
its xenochrony. The straw that broke the camel's back was
stopping Nuclear War One on September 17, 1982, with Dr.
Beter.

Are you ever fearful for your safety or are you protected?

I'm protected but that's ultimately limited since we live in
a world of free will. So I keep aware.

Are you familiar with the works of Philip K Dick? If so,
could you explain your take on his VALIS experience?

His VALIS experience was common in the early Seventies due
to the effects of the holeopathic computer/satellite
environment (see my Tiny Note chart). As a writer he had a
"visual-proprioceptive bias" (in McLuhan's sense) toward
that surround and this caused him to project a paranoia into
that phase of the Android Meme's unfoldment - as so many
others did at the time (think "Watergate" and "Comet
Kohoutek"). I think Robert Anton Wilson handled the effects
better. But perhaps the most mature response was David
Worcester's.

Comet Kohoutek is a long period comet, with an orbital
period of approximately 75,000 years. Kohoutek was hyped by
the media as the "comet of the century" because scientists
theorized that Kohoutek was an Oort Cloud Object. As such,
it was believed likely that this was the comet's first visit
to the inner solar system, which would result in a
spectacular display of outgassing. However, Kohoutek's
display was considered a let-down, leading some to nickname
it "Comet Watergate".

Because Comet Kohoutek fell far short of expectations its
name became synonymous with spectacular duds. However, it
was fairly bright as comets go and put on a respectable show
in the evenings shortly after perihelion. [3]

Did you ever meet Robert Anton Wilson and what is your take
on his Illumanatus trilogy?

I first met Wilson when he gave a talk at the Metro Library
on Yonge Street in Toronto in 1985. My next encounter with
him was on May 29, 1993, when I was a guest on David
Porter's show on KPFK-FM. He called in and I discussed his
flaws. He eventually fainted and dropped the phone. This is
what actually happened and we have it on audio tape. The
writer, Robert Guffey - a young fan of Wilson - couldn't
believe what I had done. He became an avid student of my
radio work and eventually wrote the great article on me and
the Matrix film for PARANOIA magazine in the Winter, 2000
(#22) issue. I next saw Wilson speak at the Disinfo.com, New
York, conference in February, 2000. I decided to leave him
alone since he was still grieving over his wife's recent
death. I did meet some of his disciples, such as R.U.
Sirius, at that event. As a result of our crossing paths,
Sirius and I decided each other was a "schizo".

As for The Illuminatus Trilogy, I put it in the Holeopathic
Satellite Squared quadrant on my Tiny Note Chart because the
narrator is a computer. That work intuits the computer
facets of the Android Meme.

I am not familiar with Worcester? Could you describe his
works briefly?

David E. Worcester was born in Kansas in 1928. He was the
second channel for Cosmic Awareness. Ralph Duby was the
first channel from November, 1962, until January,
1967.Worcester studied under Duby and worked as a channel
from Summer, 1967, until August, 1974. The third channel for
Cosmic Awareness was Paul Shockley from 1975 until 1995.
Paul is the most well-known and passed away in May, 2006.

Before channeling, Worcester had been in the American Navy,
a draftsman, a disc jockey in Hawaii, a musician, and a rare
coin dealer. He lives in Everett, Washington, and knows too
much.

I have been conducting my own experiments in astral
communications - any pointers?

Always remember "astral communications" are puny today
compared to a telephone conference call.

Then s there any point in pursuing astral communications?

Every action approaches the point. Keep at it. Call
604-536-7402 and ask for the Evergreens' audio tape series
on the Chakras.

Are there any machines that can enhance this ability?

No. Machines obsolesce this ability.

Any good books on the subject?

D. Scott Rogo's PHONE CALLS FROM THE DEAD (1979).

I have found the Jane Roberts Seth books to be interesting.

Yes, she's OK for novices. Post-graduate work comes with the
Evergreens. My friend, Harold Channer, made the first
videotape of "Seth" around 1971. Harold and I once did a
one-hour Manhattan Neighborhood Network TV show where we
played and discussed the Evergreens (audio) and Jane
Roberts/Seth
(video).

Is the human being evolving or are we still running in
place, since 1945, as you stated on the record?

We are evolving and our Chemical Bodies will eventually be
half-flesh/half-metal. We haven't been "running in place,
since 1945" since Y2K.

I just researched Dr. Beter and found an amazing collection
of his recordings.

Where did you meet Dr. Beter and how long were you
colleagues?

Here's my diary entry on our first meeting:

[July4/65 (Washington, D.C.)

Dobbs: It's an honour to meet you, Dr. Beter. My Japanese
friends tell me that you saved their lives.

Beter: How do I know your Japanese friends?

Dobbs: Through your work at the Export-Import Bank.

Beter: Ah, yes. The Japanese applied for loans from the
Bank, but the generals on its board wouldn't have anything
to do with them. I was the only one who understood the
Japanese couldn't go home empty-handed. They would have
killed themselves if they stopped applying. Now they think
I'm their saviour because I convinced the Bank to give them
some loans.

Dobbs: I'm curious now to see how they do in the global
market.

Beter: How are you involved with them? Not many people know
my role in these areas.

Dobbs: I work in intelligence.

Beter: Aha. Then we must talk some more when we are alone.]

I worked with Beter until he died on March 14, 1987. During
his last months we were engaged in a massive gold deal.

What kind of guy was he?

He was very serious but tempered it with a sly sense of
humor. He was a member of the Eastern Orthodox Church but
studied Vedanta. Very open-minded and regularly read the
Revelations of Awareness newsletter featuring Paul Shockley.
I'll tell you a secret: his audio-tape series was modeled on
the gods of Hindu mythology. None of his listeners picked up
on that. But then again, how could they?

He was a very significant verbal artist. Note where he is
positioned in my Tiny Note chart.

How did you two stop Nuclear War I from happening?

Here's how Beter reports it in a section of Audio Letter
#79:

[... The straw that broke the camel's back came at almost
the last possible minute on Friday morning, September 17. At
about 8:30 A.M. here in Washington a well-known national
newspaper reporter was interviewed on the Washington NBC
radio station WRC. The reporter, of the Washington Post,
called attention to my war warning for that day contained in
AUDIO LETTER No. 78. He reportedly outlined the plan briefly
for everyone listening in the Washington Metropolitan area,
and he added that if
the Pentagon did have such a plan, public exposure through
my tape had probably reduced the chances that it would be
carried out.

My friends, that radio report here in Washington about the
war plan on the morning of September 17 was seemingly a
small thing, but our Lord Jesus Christ can always use little
things to produce big results--and that is what HE did on
that morning of "Z-Day"!

Thanks to those of you who had written to editors,
Congressmen, and officials of all kinds about the war plan,
the Pentagon was becoming edgy. The last thing they wanted
was public exposure of their war plan. When they heard the
report that morning over radio station WRC, they quite
simply panicked. They had no way of knowing just how widely
their
plan had become known, and so shortly after 10:00 A.M.
Washington
time, Friday, September 17, 1982, the "PROJECT Z" first
strike was
called off. With less than five hours to go, the countdown
clock for NUCLEAR WAR ONE had finally stopped ticking!...]

I was the one who made it possible for audio tape #78 to be
mentioned on the radio that morning. But important
supplementary details are too complex to go into here.

I have been thinking that the SubGenius all disappeared on
their appointed X-Day of July 5th, 1998. At least, the
Subgenius meme seems to have vanished. Do you feel that an
end will eventually come to FiveBodied as well?

No, it won't disappear because there's too much resonance
on/in it. It transcends the effects Paul Virilio describes
in THE AESTHETICS OF DISAPPEARANCE (1980).

An end to the android meme?

At the deepest level where effects precede causes, the
Android Meme ended in 1990 and its after-image ended in
2000. The Android Meme is still here in the lagging
perception of most humans today, but that's natural. It
takes a lot of work to touch the actual Present. One of my
roles is to encourage that great labor.

And if so, what will it be replaced with?

The frictionless energy-based society thanks to Pons and
Fleischman's "cold-fusion" battery. See my UP THE ORPHIC
ANTI article.

Are the Booteans related to the Xists you mention in BME?

I used to play tapes of my conversations with the Evergreens
on CKLN with Myke Dyer. I wanted to protect the identity of
the deep-trance psychic who channeled them, Michael Blake
Read. So I claimed that I was talking to the Booteans - but
I often called them "the Xists". The context for the Xists
was that they had landed in early February, 1988, and they
had helped me win the top position in the Secret Council of
Ten in late Feb.'88. So for me, X-Day had
happened 10 years before the Church of the SubGenius's
projected date - July 5/98. But it was actually the
Evergreens who helped me become Chairperson of the Secret
Council of Ten.

Could you describe the actual X-Day as it happened to you in
1988?

It happened in February '88. The month started gloriously
with my and Connie's attendance at three consecutive Zappa
concerts in Manhattan with his "best band you never heard in
your life" - the beginning of his last tour. Frank's music
always gets me in shape so I was ready for the election
later that month on Feb.26. I did one show on CKLN before
that day and prepared the circuits for what unfolded. As I
said earlier in this interview:

"I was able to create a virus while on the air that tweaked
the telecommunications network that the members of the Solar
Government used for conducting the election for Chairperson
of the Secret Council of Ten in February, 1988."

Also, as I said earlier, when I discussed the "Xists" on the
radio, I was actually referring to the Evergreens. But in
February '88, the Evergreens gave me information on how the
Booteans were going to make physical contact with Earth's
inhabitants. That for me was X-Day. But it was for my ears
only at the time. It still is. As a result of what they told
me, I was able to keep my cool as the UFO/MKULTRA/Abductee
meme escalated in the Nineties. I've got a world monopoly on
understanding what's been happening and will happen.

The Evergreens also gave me information that helped me win
that February election. It was an eventful month.

How do you feel about the side effects of your work since
1988?

Life couldn't be better for my colleagues... well, maybe it
could, but for them, it's sufficient to have ecstasy. More
to come. It's plenty enough, but it's all we've got.

What about the cargo-cult church that sprang up around your
works?

If you mean the Church of the SubGenius, they aren't
consciously plugged into my effects. They have to constantly
play catch-up. It exhausts them. They are like the "large
grotesque pods that grow under the leaves and flop off on
the ground near the big switches and into the canyon" that
Zappa mentions at the end of his story in the booklet
accompanying his Uncle Meat CD.

Are the Booteans human in nature and are they behind all of
the ET imagery that has pervaded pop culture since the
fifties?

The Booteans live in our universe so they are physical like
us but they aren't human. They can adopt any shape that's
appropriate for their contacts with us. They are the real
UFO sightings that have increasingly occurred in the
Nineties which have been videotaped by many, and they make
some of the crop and ice circles. They have only abducted
about five people in the last one hundred years. Barney and
Betty Hill were two of them. The others haven't told anyone.
I wouldn't say the Booteans are behind the ET imagery we've
had for sixty years. President Truman knew of the ET bodies
at Roswell. President Eisenhower saw them.

In Bob's Media Ecology you state that the alien's are
having an identity crisis and that is the reason why all of
the crop circles have been showing up - to sort of remind
everyone that they are still out there.

That was a probe. Since we mere humans, under electronic
conditions, had become "superangels" (simultaneously
everywhere at once), then perhaps UFOs, or angels (can be
anywhere they want sequentially but not everywhere
simultaneously), would be challenged by our new capacities -
perhaps even have an identity crisis. Hence, the many
sightings of ET's over the last half-century.
They're here now because they're puzzled by our new
inscrutability.

Do you have any notions on what a frictionless energy
society will look like?

Money won't have as Leviathan an effect on social relations.
The global economy will eventually feed on a constant
turnover of new ideas and inventions for the generation of
wealth. It will be an endless Olympics for national identity
and prestige. This will become even more intense after the
Booteans make official contact around 2026.

What is the name of the current meme? or is there not one
meme that covered all as the android meme did?

"The Age of Terror" - which I say reflects our present
hyper-discontinuous, post-information society with its
retrieved neo-Paleolithic patina.

Do you plan on writing any other books?

Not immediately.

What about a biography or autobiography?

Not yet. I've just begun my project. Like Moses, I was a
"shepherd" for 40 years before I was given the nod.

Are all of your writings available on FiveBodied?

Yes, but not all the transcripts of my dialogues with
various people.

Is it still important for man to fall back asleep, relax and
play jazz? I love that analogy - it has helped me a great
deal - especially with all of these internet dealings.

Yes, but it must be applied to all four bodies. Perhaps
today's situation means it takes a little longer to fall
asleep and a little more longer to wake up.

Will there ever be a point of stasis? When change will
finally become obsolete? It seems to me the lack of friction
might lead to this.

Objects are unobservable. Only relationships among objects
are observable.

Could you explain the four bodies and where the term
fivebodied comes from?

The Chemical Body is what most people consider to be their
"physical body". The dominant model for this is the product
of Western science since the telegraph.

The Astral Body is what pervades all cultures - the belief
there is more to our makeup than the Chemical Body. It is a
huge storehouse of religious and spiritual
energy.

The TV Body is the repository of historical one-way
broadcasting.

The Chip Body is the mutating warehouse of digital
omni-directional media.

The Mystery Body is what we're still excavating and whose
lineaments we cannot fully assess yet, if ever. We know it's
made up of the previous four bodies but we don't know what
more we will discover about its constituents, affects, and
effects.

The Android Meme is the resultant of the interplay, violent
and joyful, of the first four bodies. I claim this five-body
paradigm is a lot more useful or comprehensive when applied
to our post-9/11 scene than Samuel Huntington's "clash of
civilizations" probe.

This is what the Android Meme looks like as a flow chart:

When did you receive the title as the Worlds Greatest
Artist?

Nelson Thall pronounced that in the late Eighties. He had
experienced enough of me to know it was a sane wager.

How long of a history did the secret council of 10 have
until the virtual disbanding in 1991?

Technically, since 1694. But its modern form was established
on July 17, 1945.

What exactly is the nature of that organization?

The phrase refers to the Solar-Government committee that
managed Bucky Fuller's "Spaceship Earth" after World War
Two.

How were you able to manipulate the elections through your
radio broadcasts and why did Marshall need to be fired?

As in the movie MAN OF THE YEAR (starring Robin Williams), I
was able to create a virus while on the air that tweaked the
telecommunications network that the members of the Solar
Government used for conducting the election for Chairperson
of the Secret Council of Ten in February, 1988. This is why
Bob Marshall was removed from the electrified air.

Are you still a member of the council?

Yes, but I, as its Chairperson, dismantled the committee in
1990 so it has been dormant since then. I still get phone
calls from former members and we occasionally have reunions
to see if we are needed. So far, no dice.

What is Echelon?

The infrastructure of the Solar Government:

ECHELON is a name used to describe a highly secretive
world-wide signals intelligence and analysis network said to
be run by the UKUSA Community (comprised of intelligence
agencies of five English-speaking nations), that has been
reported by a number of sources including, in 2001, a
committee of the European Parliament (EP report[1]). Its
existence was first revealed by Duncan Campbell in a 1988
article, "Someone's listening," published in the New
Statesman. According to some sources ECHELON can capture
radio and satellite communications, telephone calls, faxes,
e-mails and other data streams nearly anywhere in the world
and includes computer automated analysis and sorting of
intercepts.[2] The EP committee, however, concluded that
"the analysis carried out in the report has revealed that
the technical capabilities of the system are probably not
nearly as extensive as some sections of the media had
assumed" (EP report, p. 11).

^ European Parliament Report on ECHELON (July 2001).
Retrieved on 2006-08-14.[4]

You mentioned to one of the FiveBodied members, in a reply
to one of his posts, that 'you are ready to get on the bus
to Toronto'. How does one go about getting an invite?

Keep monitoring FiveBodied, all invites are posted there.

Can you briefly describe the role that artificial humans
will have in the coming century?

The same roles that today's "artificial humans" have. But by
the middle of this century, children will be raised in
virtual-reality "chambers" where they'll think they're
living in their bodies but will, in fact, be in their
"minds". They'll be able to exchange their experiences with
others in the same condition. This "medium" will be
implemented first in Australia.

Have you found your percepts have evolved over the past
several years or has there been a stasis?

Only to the extent they've been confirmed - as is shown by
my charts. Now I wait to see how the hexadic (pointed to by
my charts but not in them) unfolds. How and if that happens
may force me to "evolve" my percepts in unforeseen
directions.

What do the next few years look like?

Chaos in extremis.

What do you plan on doing until the beginning of the
frictionless society?

Prepare to be President of the United States.

See the Formula chart:

Acknowledgements:

I would like to thank Greg Lester for the title to this
piece 'the Real Deal'.

Sources:

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_College

[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohoutek

[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Appendix A

Links:

The story of the BME records:

http://www.fivebodied.com/viewtopic.php?t=387&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=...

Bob Dobbs Info:

http://www.fivebodied.com/project

http://www.fivebodied.com

http://www.fivebodied.com/viewtopic.php?t=827

http://www.fivebodied.com/viewtopic.php?t=343&start=0

ALSO visit (and scroll down):
http://www.eightbit.com/dock.php ]

Bob Dobbs Bio from Fialka's site:

http://www.venicewake.org/ZeroPoint/BIOS.html

Bob Dobbs 'Marshall-Dean-Dobbs' sequence:

http://www.fivebodied.com/archives/charts/tiny_note_chart-web.gif

Cloack and Dagger:

http://www.cloakanddagger.de

The Formula Chart:

Echelon Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Android Meme Flowchart:

http://www.fivebodied.com/archives/charts/tiny_note_chart-web.gif

http://www.fivebodied.com/archives/charts/tiny_note_chart-print.gif

Dobbs biographical info:

http://fivebodied.com/project/content/view/33/98/

(For navigation, click on the "Article Index" box on the
upper right, not the "Parts" directly above.)

http://www.nihilistassaultgroup.org/tof/starseed.htm

Meeting with Beter:

http://fivebodied.com/project/content/view/33/98/1/5

http://www.peterdavidbeter.com/docs/all/dbal79.html

Up the Orphic Anti article:

http://fivebodied.com/project/content/view/25/98

http://home.netcom.com/~storms2/index.htm

©2007 Kurt Weller]

The GREAT Bob Dobbs
Ankara
2007-04-30 23:16:33 UTC
On 30 Apr 2007 14:53:01 -0700, purple said unto the world:

OK, since no one is going to read this mr purple,
Post by purple
When I first announced that you had agreed to participate in
this interview at the Plaza of the Mind I received many
comments from people stating that you were a fraud. Is this
sort of scrutiny something you have had to deal with...?
...one is never recognized as a prophet
in one's hometown, and the present global theater has been
my hometown.
WOW! Now THERE IS some 'xXextremeXx kook logic'(tm) right there buddy.
So pretty much this explains why EVERYONE ON THE ENTIRE PLANET THINKS
YOU ARE AN IDIOT, yet allows you the rationale (used loosely, as in
LOOSE STOOLS) to think that you are somehow worth a shit. Well done,
moron.*

*Scat-o-vision provided free of charge.
Post by purple
I don't have physical sexual affairs
but I am metaphysically promiscuous in the extreme.
-CUE GUFFAW-

Can you guys hear that being said in a little dweeby voice?

Also it reminds me of this:

"I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my
essence." -General Jack D. Ripper
--
Ankara
Taphouse Cabal

Mandrake: Do I look all rancid and clotted? You look at me, Jack. Eh?
Look, eh? And I drink a lot of water, you know. I'm what you might call
a water man, Jack - that's what I am. And I can swear to you, my boy,
swear to you, that there's nothing wrong with my bodily fluids! Not a
thing, Jackie!
Capt. Zeston Norelco
2007-05-01 00:28:34 UTC
Post by Ankara
.
Post by purple
I don't have physical sexual affairs
but I am metaphysically promiscuous in the extreme.
-CUE GUFFAW-
Can you guys hear that being said in a little dweeby voice?
"I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my
essence." -General Jack D. Ripper
Kapfr, Kapfr!!!

You dare to sully the great name of St. Gen. Jack T. Ripper, American
Patrio-Psychotic Anti-Hero and TOTAL NUTJOB; by comparing him to this
fourth class "not kooky enough to be mentioned as such" kook?!

This bastard spawn of Kim Jong Il and Robert Preston, is not worthy to
be compared to venerable drunken street-doomsayers in one-ghost towns,
much less REAL Saints with Monster-Truck Size Testicles!!

Blasphermy, And I Don't Mean The Fun Kind!,

Capt. Zeston Norelco
Modemac
2007-05-01 00:38:42 UTC
Post by Ankara
"I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my
essence." -General Jack D. Ripper
Yeah, but he had access to nuclear weapons! That's different from ol'
Dean, who might give the command and all three of the members of his
fan club might kill themselves. Nah, then he'd never have anyone to
pay him attention anymore, and he might show up here more often trying
to get attention.
--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com
bb
2007-05-01 01:06:32 UTC
Post by purple
I don't have physical sexual affairs
but I am metaphysically promiscuous in the extreme.
-CUE GUFFAW-
Can you guys hear that being said in a little dweeby voice?
"I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my
essence." -General Jack D. Ripper
are you happy now for screwing someone?

big brave regular ass wipe.

bb
Server 13
A pathetic fraud and internet stalker like Bob Dean? OOOH YEAH
Ankara
2007-05-01 22:17:14 UTC
Post by purple
I don't have physical sexual affairs
but I am metaphysically promiscuous in the extreme.
-CUE GUFFAW-
Can you guys hear that being said in a little dweeby voice?
"I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my
essence." -General Jack D. Ripper
are you happy now for screwing someone?
big brave regular ass wipe.
Speaking english would be a big help here.
--
Ankara
Taphouse Cabal
There is no cabal.
Baldin Lee Pramer
2007-05-01 06:14:17 UTC
Post by purple
.. Part One: The Real Deal
http://www.plazaofthemind.blogspot.com
Wow. REALLY boring.

BLP
Lord Cyclohexane
2007-05-01 12:38:53 UTC
Post by Baldin Lee Pramer
Post by purple
.. Part One: The Real Deal
Wow. REALLY boring.
That's because you don't get how he's out-Kevorking the Kevorkians or
whatever it is he's always saying.

Because if you REALLY understood the Trinity of the Dean-Marshall-
Dobbs and how when their powers combine they become LITTLE OLD BLACK
LADY! (ha, you thought I'd say Captain Planet, didn't you?) then you'd
truly understand how this was the one truly awesome piece of Earth
literature that will survive the extinction of the species.

(Aside: try singing, "Extinction of the species is more deadly than
the mail")

When the beat preceeds the beater and the procession of the beet, the
ironed hair that flows begets the wanderer on the road.
purple
2007-05-01 13:38:14 UTC
Post by Baldin Lee Pramer
Post by purple
.. Part One: The Real Deal
http://www.plazaofthemind.blogspot.com
Wow. REALLY boring.
BLP
BOB: And that's a good thing.

The GREAT Bob Dobbs
Eep²
2007-05-02 17:45:19 UTC
[...]
Prove it. Go into the "important supplementary details".
When did you receive the title as the Worlds Greatest Artist?
Nelson Thall pronounced that in the late Eighties. He had experienced enough of me to know it was a sane wager.
Where is this mentioned by a reliable, credible, 3rd-party source?
http://www.nihilistassaultgroup.org/tof/starseed.htm
There is nothing about "Dobbs", "Bob Dobbs", "Bob Dean", or "Bob Marshall" on this page.
http://fivebodied.com/project/content/view/33/98/1/5
http://www.peterdavidbeter.com/docs/all/dbal79.html
No mention of Dobbs, CKLN (the radio station Dobbs supposedly had a program on), or even "Canada". The only radio stations mentioned
are NBC WRC and "Radio Moscow".
Eep²
2007-05-02 19:16:47 UTC
Oops; I meant the peterdavidbeter.com link has no mention of those terms; of course the fivebodied.com link does.

Oh and why is your diary not in chronological order?
Don Stockbauer
2007-05-02 19:30:51 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by purple
http://fivebodied.com/project/content/view/33/98/1/5
http://www.peterdavidbeter.com/docs/all/dbal79.html
No mention of Dobbs, CKLN (the radio station Dobbs supposedly had a program on), or even "Canada". The only radio stations
mentioned are NBC WRC and "Radio Moscow".
Interviewer: "Bob, aren't the Subgenie just more deluded fools
following a vapid authority figure with a pipe stuck in his mouth?"

Bob: "How'd you guess????"
Rev. Ivan Stang
2007-05-02 20:09:06 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by purple
http://fivebodied.com/project/content/view/33/98/1/5
http://www.peterdavidbeter.com/docs/all/dbal79.html
No mention of Dobbs, CKLN (the radio station Dobbs supposedly had a program on), or even "Canada". The only radio stations
mentioned are NBC WRC and "Radio Moscow".
The answers to your dark doubts and questions will be found here, my
son.

http://tinyurl.com/lg5zy

Over the years, Bob Dean has unwisely painted himself into a corner
from which he cannot extricate himself. He fucked up big-time when he
committed to riding our coat-tails by calling himself Bob Dobbs. He'll
always look like an idiot, no matter what he does. Luckily for him and
so many other frauds, there are superstitious podcasters, conspiracy
nuts and zinemeisters who are even bigger idiots, so he will probably
always have an audience. Sleazy televangelists, insipid "psychic"
charlatans, and midget wrestlers have audiences too. I happen to be a
midget wrestler myself and even if tied inside a sack I could still
kick his pathetic fantasizing ass.

The few websites where he gets his attention, combined, haven't
received during their ENTIRE LONG EXISTENCES as many visits as
subgenius.com gets EVERY FEW HOURS. We sell more $30 Memberships in a
week than he has garnered of living participants on his little forum
after all his years as "Dobbs". But best of all, we true SubGenii
DON'T *HAVE* TO LIE. We get to CHOOSE whether or not we want to lie.
He lost that power long ago, if he ever had it.
purple
2007-05-02 20:38:48 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by purple
[...]
BOB: Doug, you're naivete borders on the insane. I don't seek an
audience. I don't seek a "living". Those are your problems.

I'm absolutely free - thanks to me.

Now study my next post.

The GREAT Bob Dobbs
Eep²
2007-05-02 20:45:47 UTC
I am familiar with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bob_Dobbs--I am the one trying to get the article
restored so it can be edited from a neutral point-of-view (NPOV):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bob_Dobbs. I believe Dobbs/Dean/Marshall (whoever he is) is notable,
even as a potential fraud. It's better his potential fraudness is made known than to be shrouded in secrecy, conspiracy, and
paranoia. Exposure to the light will reveal all. Supression of information tells more about the suppressors than the suppressed.

Rev. Ivan Stang
2007-05-02 20:54:19 UTC
I am familiar withhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bob_Dobb...am the one trying to get the article
restored so it can be edited from a neutral point-of-view (NPOV):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bob_Dobbs. I believe Dobbs/Dean/Marshall (whoever he is) is notable,
even as a potential fraud. It's better his potential fraudness is made known than to be shrouded in secrecy, conspiracy, and
paranoia. Exposure to the light will reveal all. Supression of information tells more about the suppressors than the suppressed.
Who's suppressing him? He has a website. Wikipaedia makes an attempt
to be factual, so there's not much for them to say about Bob Dean.
They're not under any obligation to present free advertising for some
fraud's blatantly fake Fountain of Youth program just because a few
suckers bought into the scheme.

Why don't you try kookapedia? They're dying for this kind of material.
Eep²
2007-05-02 21:43:25 UTC
There are plenty of conspiracy theorists ("kooks" to you, probably) with entries on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Conspiracy_theorists. Marshall McLuhan has an article
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_McLuhan) and Dobbs/Dean/Marshall refers to McLuhan's work. Hell, I only ran across McLuhan
while researching Dobbs/Dean/Marshall's link to Paul Shockley & Cosmic Awareness (via David Worcester). It's funny how everything
connects, I'm discovering. Wikipedia isn't necessarily about stating what someone says is true but, rather, about if what someone
said was actually said by that person. What Dobbs/Dean/Marshall (OK, this is getting annoying spelling it all out so I may just
stick with "D/D/M" or just "Dean" to be less confusing) says about McLuhan is notable and worthy of inclusion in Wikipedia in my
opinion, especially considering his links to other notable people (which can be investigated further).

Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
2007-05-02 22:20:37 UTC
Post by Eep²
I am familiar with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bob_Dobbs--I am the one trying to get the article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bob_Dobbs. I believe Dobbs/Dean/Marshall (whoever he is) is notable,
even as a potential fraud. It's better his potential fraudness is made known than to be shrouded in secrecy, conspiracy, and
paranoia. Exposure to the light will reveal all. Supression of information tells more about the suppressors than the suppressed.
he's an irritating plagiarist.

I'll tell you what, I will support your efforts to restore the Bob
Dean article, with the understanding that the sole contents of the
article are "he's an irritating plagiarist". Let's expose the truth
to the light!
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
- Steven Wright
Eep²
to the light!
sibu SODDI
2007-05-03 06:30:13 UTC
shut up deanie
Eep²
2007-05-03 09:45:37 UTC
Um, I'm not a "deanie" ("Deanie"--learn how to capitalize correctly); I'm simply interested in the truth--whether or not that is
what Bob Dean et al (including you) says is under investigation. Attempt to evolve to a higher level of maturity in dealing with me
or you will be swiftly filtered.
shut up deanie
Two Beans
2007-05-03 13:22:18 UTC
Post by Eep²
Um, I'm not a "deanie" ("Deanie"--learn how to capitalize correctly); I'm simply interested in the truth--whether or not that is
what Bob Dean et al (including you) says is under investigation. Attempt to evolve to a higher level of maturity in dealing with me
or you will be swiftly filtered.
Hi, you must be new here.

-2B
Modemac
2007-05-03 19:41:01 UTC
Post by Two Beans
Post by Eep²
Um, I'm not a "deanie" ("Deanie"--learn how to capitalize correctly); I'm simply interested in the truth--whether or not that is
what Bob Dean et al (including you) says is under investigation. Attempt to evolve to a higher level of maturity in dealing with me
or you will be swiftly filtered.
Hi, you must be new here.
-2B
Eep is from Wikipedia, and apparently he's not one of Dean's hardcore
followers. He's a hardcore Wikipedian who edits dozens of articles
per day. Somehow he stumbled across Dean's stuff online -- I think it
was from the original discussion that resulted in the deletion of the
"Bob Dobbs" article -- and he decided the article had been unfairly
deleted. He started the "deletion review" page that was mentioned
here a little while ago ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_April_30
), and he seems honest in his attempt to look at Dean from a "neutral
point of view." That's why he's coming here looking for info about
the guy.

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com
Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
2007-05-03 19:58:10 UTC
Post by Modemac
Post by Two Beans
Post by Eep²
[...]
I had the same thought at first, that they should just put the article
in and have it be really honest, just tell the story the way it really
is. Bob Dean is a stalker who has been hanging on to the Church of
the Subgenius for many years.

It would become an ongoing battle though, with Dean or the Deanettes
adding lies to the effect that Dean started the Church, then others
going in and changing the lies. It seems inevitable.
All your base are belong to us
Two Beans
2007-05-03 21:33:42 UTC
Post by Modemac
Eep is from Wikipedia, and apparently he's not one of Dean's hardcore
followers. He's a hardcore Wikipedian who edits dozens of articles
per day. Somehow he stumbled across Dean's stuff online -- I think it
was from the original discussion that resulted in the deletion of the
"Bob Dobbs" article -- and he decided the article had been unfairly
deleted. He started the "deletion review" page that was mentioned
here a little while ago ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_April_30
), and he seems honest in his attempt to look at Dean from a "neutral
point of view." That's why he's coming here looking for info about
the guy.
Hi, you must be old here.

-2B
Modemac
2007-05-03 21:56:50 UTC
Post by Two Beans
Hi, you must be old here.
I'm so old, I'm honestly looking forward to X-Day because I'll have
time to SLEEP.
Server 13
Or, he would be, if he weren't also over on Youtube touting him as the real deal.
sibu SODDI

See, I can whiff out a deanie within 2 posts!
Eep²
2007-05-03 23:21:43 UTC
Post by Modemac
Post by Two Beans
Post by Eep²
[...]
Well I apologize to Eep² for assuming he was one of Dean's sock
puppets. Dean makes frequent use of them.

As I say elsewhere, Dean's whole game is to try to ride on the shirt
tails of the Church of the Subgenius. He presents himself as being
the originator of it, then presents his gibberish as being the
fundamental ideas of the church.

I personally would have no problem with endorsing a page for Bob Dean,
but I think it is misleading to include it under the name Bob Dobbs.
He uses the name because it is known from the Church of the Subgenius.
By using it, he hopes that people curious about COS will be directed
to him, getting him attention which he would not be capable of getting
on his own merits.
as a child I was actually capable of haunting my ass.
Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
2007-05-03 23:29:38 UTC
On Thu, 03 May 2007 16:21:43 -0700, Zapanaz
Post by Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
As I say elsewhere, Dean's whole game is to try to ride on the shirt
tails of the Church of the Subgenius. He presents himself as being
the originator of it, then presents his gibberish as being the
fundamental ideas of the church.
I personally would have no problem with endorsing a page for Bob Dean,
but I think it is misleading to include it under the name Bob Dobbs.
He uses the name because it is known from the Church of the Subgenius.
By using it, he hopes that people curious about COS will be directed
to him, getting him attention which he would not be capable of getting
on his own merits.
Hey Modemac, can you explain or point me to instructions for how to
add a vote/comment to the deletion page?
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
Homosexuals can do whatever they want and it won't affect me in the
least. Nazis on the other hand..you gotta keep close tabs on them
fuckers.

- Paul Casino
Modemac
2007-05-04 00:39:32 UTC
On Thu, 03 May 2007 16:29:38 -0700, Zapanaz
Post by Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
can you explain or point me to instructions for how to
add a vote/comment to the deletion page?
The best way is to have an active username on Wikipedia. If a new
username appears from out of the blue to comment on the page, it will
generally be ignored as a likely sock puppet. It's already happened
twice by "someone" wanting the deletion to be overturned, too.
--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com
Eep²
2007-05-04 03:24:51 UTC
I will remove you from my killfile. I already suggested the article could be named "Bob Dean" (or "Robert Dean") so as to be
accurate, assuming his real, legal name can be ascertained with proof/evidence/sources. However, the "Bob Dobbs" article should also
refer to "Bob Dean", however that much may "hurt" the "J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs" article (which has many redirected articles to it). Just as
there are multiple "Robert Dean" people on Wikipedia, a disambiguation page would be created for "Bob Dobbs" which would reference
both Bobs.

Incidentally, I didn't find out about Bob Dobbs from SubGenius but in searching for more information about Cosmic Awareness, a
channelled "force" (whatever) through Paul Shockley, David Worcester, and, originally (supposedly), through Ralph Nuby--all of who
are in Dobbs' diaries and who he claims to have met (well, at least Worcester anyway). See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Eep%C2%B2/Paul_Shockley for more info about Dobbs' link to these people. I only learned about
SubGenius (but had known of them before but didn't know who Dobbs was in relation to it) after investigating who Dobbs was. Look
through the article's history for yourself if you don't believe me.

Regardless of how Dobbs/Dean got his merits, he now has them--at least to a certain extent. That, to me, is notable.
on his own merits.
Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
2007-05-04 03:42:58 UTC
Post by Eep²
I will remove you from my killfile. I already suggested the article could be named "Bob Dean" (or "Robert Dean") so as to be
accurate, assuming his real, legal name can be ascertained with proof/evidence/sources. However, the "Bob Dobbs" article should also
refer to "Bob Dean", however that much may "hurt" the "J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs" article (which has many redirected articles to it). Just as
there are multiple "Robert Dean" people on Wikipedia, a disambiguation page would be created for "Bob Dobbs" which would reference
both Bobs.
If the disambiguation page didn't mention that Dean uses the name in a
plagiaristic way, it wouldn't be disambiguating, it would be
increasing confusion.

Modemac has presented substantial clarification of this. Dean uses
the name "Bob Dobbs" in order to create confusion with the name "J.R.
'Bob' Dobbs", which is a registered trademark. He has found a legal
loophole in order to allow him to do this. He does this because he
wants to garner attention that he would not be capable of otherwise.

I saw a page on a joke version of wikipedia where references to
Charles Manson were redirected to their page on Charlie Brown, the
character from Peanuts. If I decided to go into Wikipedia and point
references to Charlie Brown to their Charles Manson page, nobody would
argue that I was 'just being objective'. It would be intentional
malicious obfuscation.

I don't think that the fact that Dean's whole life revolves around
attempting this same act of obfuscation makes it OK in his case.

And you know, in all reality, if somebody did redirect Charlie Brown
to Charles Manson on Wikipedia, I wouldn't be -bothered- by it.
Because that strikes me as funny, and I'm a SubGenius, and as such I
consider funny more important than true. But Dean isn't even funny,
even in the most obscure way. Let alone interesting.

But in any event, setting up a redirect of "Bob Dobbs" to "Bob Dean"
doesn't serve any purpose as far as being informative, by Wikipedia
standards. It doesn't serve any purpose but to help a stalker harrass
his target.
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute talk with the
average voter."
- Winston Churchill
Eep²
2007-05-04 03:49:12 UTC
Post by Eep²
[...]
A distinction can be made but disambiguous pages aren't meant to have sources; that's what the actual articles ON the disambiguous
pages are for. And, also, each article (the "Bob Dobbs" one, which would most likely redirect to "Bob Dean" or "Robert Dean", and
the "J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs" one) would BOTH need to reference each other in order to be non-biased. The truth will hurt/heal both
articles but this is what needs to be done in order to be valid on Wikipedia, in my opinion.
Post by Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
I don't think that the fact that Dean's whole life revolves around
attempting this same act of obfuscation makes it OK in his case.
Well, it does, actually; this is what makes Dean notable. Whether or not that's unfortunate is up to you to decide; I can see it
going either way.
Post by Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
And you know, in all reality, if somebody did redirect Charlie Brown
to Charles Manson on Wikipedia, I wouldn't be -bothered- by it.
Because that strikes me as funny, and I'm a SubGenius, and as such I
consider funny more important than true. But Dean isn't even funny,
even in the most obscure way. Let alone interesting.
I'm sorry but I disagree. I find Dean interesting for reasons I stated in another post about his supposed connections with Cosmic
Awareness and McLuhan (who I didn't know about before researching who Dobbs/Dean was/is).
Hence why the "Bob Dobbs" page would be disambigous and would have links to both articles as mentioned above.
just john
2007-05-04 03:56:50 UTC
Post by Eep²
Hence why the "Bob Dobbs" page would be disambigous and would have links to both articles as mentioned above.
In your "Jesus" entry, do you have links to others who have claimed to
be Jesus?

I think Manson claimed he was Jesus; does your "Jesus" entry also have
something to point to him?
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *
Eep²
2007-05-04 04:09:59 UTC
I haven't gotten to "Jesus" yet--patience... ;)
2007-05-04 06:17:55 UTC
Post by Eep²
I haven't gotten to "Jesus" yet--patience... ;)
Hypocracy.
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Hence why the "Bob Dobbs" page would be disambigous and would have links to both articles as mentioned above.
In your "Jesus" entry, do you have links to others who have claimed to be Jesus?
I think Manson claimed he was Jesus; does your "Jesus" entry also have something to point to him?
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
"All's I can say is that I don't want the stupid CapitolOne card,
I want whatever sort of credit card the Vikings are using."
Kibo
Eep²
zapanaz
2007-05-04 17:06:07 UTC
Post by Eep²
[...]
That makes no sense.

If you find Bob Dean interesting, fine, put up a Bob Dean page. I've
explained why redirecting "Bob Dobbs" to "Bob Dean" makes no sense.
The explanation was clear and simple but it seems to have completely
ricocheted off your head.

The UNIVERSE is insane. I'm just observant.
Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
2007-05-03 13:49:59 UTC
Post by Eep²
Um, I'm not a "deanie" ("Deanie"--learn how to capitalize correctly); I'm simply interested in the truth--whether or not that is
what Bob Dean et al (including you) says is under investigation. Attempt to evolve to a higher level of maturity in dealing with me
or you will be swiftly filtered.
shut up, deanie.
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
"Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed?"

- Green Day
Rev. G.G. Willikers
2007-05-03 15:55:48 UTC
Post by Eep²
Um, I'm not a "deanie" ("Deanie"--learn how to capitalize correctly); I'm simply interested in the truth--whether or not that is
what Bob Dean et al (including you) says is under investigation. Attempt to evolve to a higher level of maturity in dealing with me
or you will be swiftly filtered.
Thanks for reminding me
PLONK<
sibu SODDI
2007-05-03 15:57:39 UTC
You're interested in YOUR point of view, not truth.

"deanie" has been de-capitalized for the denigration factor.

And you're in MY ng, top-posting shit-stain.
shut up deanie
Eep²
2007-05-04 02:43:43 UTC
Wow, such maturity (not). No, I'm not interested in my viewpoint or I wouldn't've even bothered entertaining anyone else's viewpoint
since I began posting here, now would I? Hint: nope. Take a critical thinking class and attempt to get a clue, eh?

Oh and, psst, you just top-posted, "shit-stain". <chuckle> Drive through, hypocrite. Oh and suck filter too. Buh-bye.
shut up deanie
Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
2007-05-04 03:28:25 UTC
Post by Eep²
Wow, such maturity (not).
OH! OH! OH! IT HURTS!
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
Once, a man found Mulla Nasruddin searching for something on the ground outside his house. On being asked, Nasruddin replied that he was looking for his key. The man also joined in the search and in due course asked Mulla: ''Where exactly did you drop it?''

Mulla answered: ''In my house.''
''Then why are you looking here?'' the man asked.
''There is more light here than in my house,'' replied Mulla.
just john
2007-05-03 21:32:30 UTC
Post by Eep²
Um, I'm not a "deanie" ("Deanie"--learn how to capitalize correctly);
I'm simply interested in the truth--whether or not that is what Bob
Dean et al (including you) says is under investigation. Attempt to
evolve to a higher level of maturity in dealing with me or you will
be swiftly filtered.
Ah! You've hit upon how everybody on alt.slack gets along to the extent
that we do -- massive killfiling. (You think anybody is actually
READING those 11D Meow things? I think even 11D Meow has 11D Meow
killfiled.)

Anyway, my take on Dean is that he watched "Annie Hall" while in a very
permeable state of mind, and now he's under the impression that if he
says enough mind-bogglingly stupid things about Marshall McLuhan,
somebody will raise McLuhan from the dead just in order to refute him.

That wouldn't bug me so much, except he tries to tie in people I like a
lot more, like Frank Zappa, into his web of tedium.

What got me to killfile Dean was the total joylessness with which he
goes about broadcasting his obsessions. He really hates us, and not in
an entertaining way.
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml
Eep²
2007-05-04 03:03:32 UTC
Well, ever heard the expression, "don't feed the troll"? Like you, everyone else who doesn't like Dean should simply killfile
him--that simple. However, if what he says has an INKLING of truth, he'll never go away until you and others face that truth and
accept it. Of course he (Dobbs/Dean) will also have to face the truth that what all he says is a lie. The point of all of this is to
resolve this longstanding feud and MOVE ON. My brief exposure to this facade reveals its ridiculousness to me and I'm already tiring
of it. It doesn't help the SubGenius side when certain members/fans/whatever devolve to lowbrow intelligence levels and sling
insults. My tactic is to reflect (mirror) and deflect (killfile) for the more persistant ones.

Anyway, I'm just here for the truth, whatever it is.
2007-05-04 03:23:58 UTC
Post by Eep²
[...]

See, it's like this. Imagine your WORST, NASTIEST DREAM EVER. "Bob"
was the EVIL CLOWN in that dream who blew into the dachsund's ass and
played Fidelio in tones like a flugelhorn which made all the evil
albino midgets EXPLODE.
just john
2007-05-04 03:26:56 UTC
Post by Eep²
Well, ever heard the expression, "don't feed the troll"? Like you,
everyone else who doesn't like Dean should simply killfile
him--that simple. However, if what he says has an INKLING of truth,
he'll never go away until you and others face that truth and
accept it.
No, I don't think there's any general correlation between truth and
tenacity. I tend to believe the claims that incompetent people are the
last to recognize their own incompetence, and that sort of
self-deception can lead to incredible stubbornness.

Not that I think that that's all that relevant in this case. Dean seems
to have settled into being a competent usenet kook/energy-sink, and not
much else.
Post by Eep²
Of course he (Dobbs/Dean) will also have to face the truth
that what all he says is a lie. The point of all of this is to
resolve this longstanding feud and MOVE ON.
You mean in the context of Wikipedia, right? That's up to you Wikipedians.
Post by Eep²
My brief exposure to this
facade reveals its ridiculousness to me and I'm already tiring
of it. It doesn't help the SubGenius side when certain
members/fans/whatever devolve to lowbrow intelligence levels and sling
insults.
Well, the problem is that after a bit of exposure to Dean, one's
willingness to invest the effort of slinging highbrow, quality insults
is sapped away. I'm having trouble maintaining it now, even at this
distance.

And you see, that's antithetical to the entire notion of Slack, isn't it?
Post by Eep²
Anyway, I'm just here for the truth, whatever it is.
Now, THAT's funny!
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *
Eep²
2007-05-04 03:32:09 UTC
Post by Eep²
Well, ever heard the expression, "don't feed the troll"? Like you,
everyone else who doesn't like Dean should simply killfile
him--that simple. However, if what he says has an INKLING of truth,
he'll never go away until you and others face that truth and
accept it.
No, I don't think there's any general correlation between truth and tenacity. I tend to believe the claims that incompetent
people are the last to recognize their own incompetence, and that sort of self-deception can lead to incredible stubbornness.
Not that I think that that's all that relevant in this case. Dean seems to have settled into being a competent usenet
kook/energy-sink, and not much else.
He wouldn't be the first person--or the last. Most, if not all, conspiracy theorists could be classified under the same category. So
what? If there's a market for such "kooks", then it's the market's fault, eh? Don't buy into their antics if you don't like them.
Post by Eep²
Of course he (Dobbs/Dean) will also have to face the truth
that what all he says is a lie. The point of all of this is to
resolve this longstanding feud and MOVE ON.
You mean in the context of Wikipedia, right? That's up to you Wikipedians.
Well, no, I mean in the context of this newsgroup and with SubGenius in general, but I'll start with Wikipedia for now. ;) I'm
assuming a ripple effect after the Wikipedia article is worked out (neutralized). I most likely won't even bother posting here again
after this situation is resolved on Wikipedia anyway, actually.
Post by Eep²
My brief exposure to this
facade reveals its ridiculousness to me and I'm already tiring
of it. It doesn't help the SubGenius side when certain
members/fans/whatever devolve to lowbrow intelligence levels and sling
insults.
Well, the problem is that after a bit of exposure to Dean, one's willingness to invest the effort of slinging highbrow, quality
insults is sapped away. I'm having trouble maintaining it now, even at this distance.
Odd that certain users in this forum don't seem to have any trouble continuing to sling insults after all these years...
And you see, that's antithetical to the entire notion of Slack, isn't it?
Dunno, but, if true, maybe that's the problem why all this nonsense has gone on for as long as it has. Perhaps slack isn't how to
handle this...
<shrug>
just john
2007-05-04 03:48:33 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Of course he (Dobbs/Dean) will also have to face the truth
that what all he says is a lie. The point of all of this is to
resolve this longstanding feud and MOVE ON.
You mean in the context of Wikipedia, right? That's up to you Wikipedians.
Well, no, I mean in the context of this newsgroup and with SubGenius in general,
Why? What's your investment in this?
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Well, the problem is that after a bit of exposure to Dean, one's
willingness to invest the effort of slinging highbrow, quality
insults is sapped away. I'm having trouble maintaining it now, even at this distance.
Odd that certain users in this forum don't seem to have any trouble
continuing to sling insults after all these years...
You're calling those highbrow, quality insults? You haven't seen this
crowd step up and wail, have you?
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
And you see, that's antithetical to the entire notion of Slack, isn't it?
Dunno, but, if true, maybe that's the problem why all this nonsense
has gone on for as long as it has. Perhaps slack isn't how to handle
this...
I think you should probably send some money (any dollar amount between 3
and 37) to P.O. Box 181417, Cleveland Hts, OH 44118-1417 if you really
want to talk about the nature of Slack.
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *
Eep²
2007-05-04 03:51:01 UTC
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Of course he (Dobbs/Dean) will also have to face the truth
that what all he says is a lie. The point of all of this is to
resolve this longstanding feud and MOVE ON.
You mean in the context of Wikipedia, right? That's up to you Wikipedians.
Well, no, I mean in the context of this newsgroup and with SubGenius in general,
Why? What's your investment in this?
I already told you: the truth. Would you like it trademarked? The TruthT
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Well, the problem is that after a bit of exposure to Dean, one's
willingness to invest the effort of slinging highbrow, quality insults is sapped away. I'm having trouble maintaining it now,
even at this distance.
Odd that certain users in this forum don't seem to have any trouble
continuing to sling insults after all these years...
You're calling those highbrow, quality insults? You haven't seen this crowd step up and wail, have you?
Apparently not...and hopefully I won't...
Sorry, but I don't pay to philosophise. ;)
just john
2007-05-04 04:02:24 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Of course he (Dobbs/Dean) will also have to face the truth
that what all he says is a lie. The point of all of this is to
resolve this longstanding feud and MOVE ON.
You mean in the context of Wikipedia, right? That's up to you Wikipedians.
Well, no, I mean in the context of this newsgroup and with SubGenius in general,
Why? What's your investment in this?
I already told you: the truth. Would you like it trademarked? The TruthT
The truth is we can't stand this guy. The truth is he can't stand us.

He's going further out of his way to harass us than vice versa.
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
I think you should probably send some money (any dollar amount
between 3 and 37) to P.O. Box 181417, Cleveland Hts, OH 44118-1417
if you really want to talk about the nature of Slack.
Sorry, but I don't pay to philosophise. ;)
Philosophizing is not mandatory.
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *
Eep²
2007-05-04 04:11:37 UTC
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Of course he (Dobbs/Dean) will also have to face the truth
that what all he says is a lie. The point of all of this is to
resolve this longstanding feud and MOVE ON.
You mean in the context of Wikipedia, right? That's up to you Wikipedians.
Well, no, I mean in the context of this newsgroup and with SubGenius in general,
Why? What's your investment in this?
I already told you: the truth. Would you like it trademarked? The TruthT
The truth is we can't stand this guy. The truth is he can't stand us.
He's going further out of his way to harass us than vice versa.
For one who claims that both sides can't stand each other, there sure is a lot of hypocracy going on here. Perhaps you should
reexamine your relationship...
It is for me.
just john
2007-05-04 04:25:10 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Of course he (Dobbs/Dean) will also have to face the truth
that what all he says is a lie. The point of all of this is to
resolve this longstanding feud and MOVE ON.
You mean in the context of Wikipedia, right? That's up to you Wikipedians.
Well, no, I mean in the context of this newsgroup and with SubGenius in general,
Why? What's your investment in this?
I already told you: the truth. Would you like it trademarked? The TruthT
The truth is we can't stand this guy. The truth is he can't stand us.
He's going further out of his way to harass us than vice versa.
For one who claims that both sides can't stand each other, there sure
is a lot of hypocracy going on here.
"Here" being alt.slack? And "a lot" compared to where?

(To find out more about the SubGenius attitude toward hypocrisy, see
instructions and address below.)
Post by Eep²
Perhaps you should reexamine
your relationship...
Why? What's in it for me? Even within the world of "everything
connects and here are my charts explaining it," I know people local to
me who are BETTER at it.
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
I think you should probably send some money (any dollar amount
between 3 and 37) to P.O. Box 181417, Cleveland Hts, OH
44118-1417 if you really want to talk about the nature of
Slack.
Sorry, but I don't pay to philosophise. ;)
Philosophizing is not mandatory.
It is for me.
If it's really mandatory for you, then you'll pay for it.
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *
Eep²
2007-05-04 04:48:20 UTC
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Perhaps you should reexamine
your relationship...
Why? What's in it for me? Even within the world of "everything connects and here are my charts explaining it," I know people
local to me who are BETTER at it.
The reason was implied in the previous post which you did not connect with the previous sentence. Try again:

"For one who claims that both sides can't stand each other, there sure is a lot of hypocracy going on here. Perhaps you should
reexamine your relationship..."

Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not standing
the SubGenii. Obviously this isn't the case or none of you would communicate with each other; but you are; hence the hypocracy. It's
really not that hard to understand (and quite obvious) from outside the box--try stepping out of it to see for yourself.
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Alas, therein likes the paradox (to you, apparently): philosophy is mandatory for me but paying to mandatoraly philosophise is not.
just john
2007-05-04 04:57:53 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Perhaps you should reexamine
your relationship...
Why? What's in it for me? Even within the world of "everything connects and here are my charts explaining it," I know people
local to me who are BETTER at it.
"For one who claims that both sides can't stand each other, there sure is a lot of hypocracy going on here. Perhaps you should
reexamine your relationship..."
Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not standing
the SubGenii.
I direct you to every post in this newsgroup ever posted by
"purple." Taken as a whole, they are a testament of abuse.
Eep²
2007-05-04 05:09:04 UTC
Post by Eep²
"For one who claims that both sides can't stand each other, there sure is a lot of hypocracy going on here. Perhaps you should
reexamine your relationship..."
Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not
standing
the SubGenii.
I direct you to every post in this newsgroup ever posted by "purple." Taken as a whole, they are a testament of abuse.
Taken as whole, existence/life itself is a testament of abuse. So what? Shit happens. Deal with it. Apply your much-revered "slack"
to it and move on.
just john
2007-05-04 05:14:36 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
"For one who claims that both sides can't stand each other, there sure is a lot of hypocracy going on here. Perhaps you should
reexamine your relationship..."
Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not
standing
the SubGenii.
I direct you to every post in this newsgroup ever posted by "purple." Taken as a whole, they are a testament of abuse.
Taken as whole, existence/life itself is a testament of abuse. So what? Shit happens. Deal with it. Apply your much-revered "slack"
to it and move on.
Right. I have. Dean's dead to me.
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *
purple
2007-05-04 05:30:43 UTC
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
"For one who claims that both sides can't stand each other, there sure is a lot of hypocracy going on here. Perhaps you should
reexamine your relationship..."
Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not
standing
the SubGenii.
I direct you to every post in this newsgroup ever posted by "purple." Taken as a whole, they are a testament of abuse.
Taken as whole, existence/life itself is a testament of abuse. So what? Shit happens. Deal with it. Apply your much-revered "slack"
to it and move on.
Right. I have. Dean's dead to me.
BOB: Dean may be dead but I'm not. Here's why I don't hate you and
alt.slack:

http://media.putfile.com/Radio-Alchymy---May-3rd-2007---Bob-Dobbs

The GREAT Bob Dobbs
Eep²
2007-05-04 05:35:00 UTC
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
"For one who claims that both sides can't stand each other, there sure is a lot of hypocracy going on here. Perhaps you should
reexamine your relationship..."
Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not
standing
the SubGenii.
I direct you to every post in this newsgroup ever posted by "purple." Taken as a whole, they are a testament of abuse.
Taken as whole, existence/life itself is a testament of abuse. So what? Shit happens. Deal with it. Apply your much-revered
"slack" to it and move on.
Right. I have. Dean's dead to me.
Heh, if only that were true, you would no longer refer to him at all and would act as if he never existed. Alas... ;)

I am suggesting not to take that approach. Instead, embrace Dean. Yes, I know; it may be "icky" but just try it. We all need
love--even Dean. Me, too, but I'm not the one crying out here. :P
Artemia Salina
2007-05-04 06:46:24 UTC
We all need love
You fucking perverted SICKO!

*PLONK*
FARTNUCK teh POOT!! W00t w00T!
Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
2007-05-04 07:01:10 UTC
On Fri, 04 May 2007 01:46:24 -0500, Artemia Salina
Post by Artemia Salina
We all need love
You fucking perverted SICKO!
*PLONK*
no, not ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Popeye is TIRED.
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
The WHOLE WORLD's a penis puppet show.

- Abbess Abyss
Server 13
Can you explain to us why we should embrace someone who steals from us?
Eep²
Evidence? Perhaps it was a misunderstanding...
Server 13
2007-05-05 17:53:33 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
reexamine your relationship..."
Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the
SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
standing the SubGenii.
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
love--even Dean. Me, too, but I'm not the one crying out here. :P
Can you explain to us why we should embrace someone who steals from us?
Evidence? Perhaps it was a misunderstanding...
Nope. You need to go to Dean's ridiculously plagiaristic radio show,
where he steals subgenius terms, refuses to acknowledge where they came
from, and redefines them right and left. If you haven't by now, why aren't
you just a troll?
sibu SODDI
2007-05-05 19:19:50 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
reexamine your relationship..."
Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the
SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
standing the SubGenii.
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Why are you still dickin around with this deanie?
Eep²
2007-05-06 11:47:07 UTC
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
reexamine your relationship..."
Perhaps you should reexamine the relationship between you (the
SubGenii) not standing Dean and your allegation of Dean not
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by just john
Post by Eep²
standing the SubGenii.
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Eep²
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
love--even Dean. Me, too, but I'm not the one crying out here. :P
Can you explain to us why we should embrace someone who steals from us?
Evidence? Perhaps it was a misunderstanding...
Nope. You need to go to Dean's ridiculously plagiaristic radio show,
where he steals subgenius terms, refuses to acknowledge where they came
from, and redefines them right and left. If you haven't by now, why aren't
you just a troll?
I AM a troll...trolling for the truth. ;) Listening to the 12/12/90 CKLN "International Connection" show, it seems the "Bob Dobbs"
on it is not the the same "Bob Dobbs" I heard on the Radio Alchymy show the other day...
Server 13
When it's local, that sort of abuse land one in jail. Justifying that, are you?
Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
Kibo
Eep²
2007-05-04 06:21:41 UTC
Dude, why must you regress? And here I thought we were making progress. <sad>
shut up, deanie.
Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl>
2007-05-03 07:01:48 UTC
Post by Eep²
If, through a neutral point-of-view, Dobbs comes out being interpreted as such, then that's how it will turn out. However, if it
turns out he DOES have SOME credibility--no matter how slight, how will you react? The truth can hurt both ways...
tell me more about this "neutral point-of-view", Oh enlightened one!
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
Paganism is populated almost entirely by white middle class academia ... A
whopping 75 percent of them participate in grindingly boring
interpretations of deviant sexuality.
- alliekatt
Eep²
2007-05-03 09:46:35 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view
2007-05-03 13:53:01 UTC
Post by Eep²
If, through a neutral point-of-view, Dobbs comes out being interpreted as such, then that's how it will turn out. However, if it
turns out he DOES have SOME credibility--no matter how slight, how will you react? The truth can hurt both ways...
tell me more about this "neutral point-of-view", Oh enlightened one!
The neutral point of view is that Dean is an irritating plagiarist.
--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
Post by Eep²
How will you prove god's non-existence?
That's shifting the burden. How will YOU prove his EXISTENCE?

- The atheist versus non-atheist debate in a nutshell.
Eep²
Server 13
2007-05-03 22:52:14 UTC
Post by Eep²
No; that's a biased view: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/bias
Is a statement that the sun rises in the east biased?
just john
2007-05-03 23:03:52 UTC
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
No; that's a biased view: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/bias
Is a statement that the sun rises in the east biased?
Well it does imply a position on the part of the person making the
statement: somewhere on a revolving planet.
sibu SODDI
2007-05-03 23:34:17 UTC
Post by Server 13
Post by Eep²
No; that's a biased view: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/bias
Is a statement that the sun rises in the east biased?
Well it does imply a position on the part of the person making the statement: somewhere
on a revolving planet.
But if you don't accept the arbitary assignation of "East" and "West" that our culture
uses, you could truthfully say that the sun rises in the West.

And that would be unbiased.
Two Beans
2007-05-04 00:22:40 UTC
On Thu, 3 May 2007 19:34:17 -0400, "sibu SODDI"
Post by sibu SODDI
But if you don't accept the arbitary assignation of "East" and "West" that our culture
uses, you could truthfully say that the sun rises in the West.
And that would be unbiased.
The Sun rises in the North and sets in the Dennis.

-2B
just john
Nah. The horizon is moving down.
Eep²
2007-05-04 03:16:20 UTC
Yes, relatively. The point is to find consensus, among other things. If the sun can be recorded to always rise in the east, and that
records verified by other people (who can also track the sun in such a way), then that is a credible, reliable, 3rd-party source.
However, if the sun doesn't always rise in the east, as claimed by a single person or small minority of people, without providing
evidence, that is more of a bias. Anyway, look up the word "bias" if you need further explanation.
2007-05-04 03:24:32 UTC
Post by Eep²
Yes, relatively. The point is to find consensus, among other things. If the sun can be recorded to always rise in the east, and that
records verified by other people (who can also track the sun in such a way), then that is a credible, reliable, 3rd-party source.
However, if the sun doesn't always rise in the east, as claimed by a single person or small minority of people, without providing
evidence, that is more of a bias. Anyway, look up the word "bias" if you need further explanation.
look up the word "irony" if you need a clue.
albino midgets EXPLODE.
Server 13
2007-05-04 21:57:27 UTC
Post by Eep²
Yes, relatively. The point is to find consensus, among other things.
Why would you possibly think that a ridiculous liar is ever going to want
'consensus'?
Eep²
2007-05-05 03:30:18 UTC
Consensus works both ways (it's "bisensual"), so there can be consensus that someone is a "ridiculous liar" and yet also consensus
that someone is not a "ridiculous liar". It may be that the alleged "ridiculous liar" only "ridiculously lies" to certain people (or
a group of people) while that person may not "riduculously lie" to other (or the majority of) people. It's all relative, including
consensus.
nenslo
Why don't I consensus my foot up your ass.
Eep²
Server 13
2007-05-05 17:36:33 UTC
Post by Eep²
Why don't I killfile you
infant

(p.s. Cowardly response redirect fixed.)
nenslo
2007-05-06 02:23:02 UTC
Please don' throw me in dat ol briar patch.
Sam
2007-05-05 05:18:18 UTC
Post by Eep²
Yes, relatively. The point is to find consensus, among other things.
Why would you possibly think that a ridiculous liar is ever going to want 'consensus'?
I'm bisensual and I still find the whole thing rather asinine.
Listen, I'm going to let you in on a secret: even as a high-
functioning autistic with more savant-like qualities than a Star Trek
convention and GenCon combined, I'm going to say that "logic" (rather,
your attempt to reconcile everything through mere syllogisms, which
would demonstrate a the lowest form of intelligence according to
Bloom's taxonomy) is probably not going to "solve" anything.

Instead, this is what you should do, in accordance with the standards
and protocols of true scholarship:

1.) It is a given that Stang has trademarked the name of "J.R. "Bob"
Dobbs", whose holy Quotations stand even when Embedded.

2.) It is also a given that Stang created the Church while residing
in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

3.) More importantly, Bob Dean was residing in Canada at the time of
the Church's creation (logistics paradox).

Just to ditch the bulleted items, would it be a fair assumption that,
given the Church's doctrine of "Kill "Bob"... or Kill Me", that we
should commit homicide and summon the Xists with his disembodied head
as a some sort of intergalactic beacon? Such a scenario seems highly
unlikely, even for the Bobbiest of lackeys.
To understand the totality of this, you would also have to understand
that the Church itself is one big literal pun, and one cannot approach
it with any bias, not even the bias of logic. This would be a grave
error, and slightly Bobbiesque behaviour. Excepting the Church
itself, you also have to understand that Bob Dean takes this shit WAY
too seriously (as serious as a frat boy takes drinking, for example),
and therefore is NOT affiliated with our little cadre in any fashion.
If there's anything that upsets The Skor, it's deros like Dean taking
things way too seriously... even the jokes.

In the interest of both this forum and your hobby as a Wikipedian (I
myself have lapsed), learn to think creatively and SYNTHESIZE, which
is much more than rote memorization and regurgitation. Discard the
Socratic model of syllogism and get on board with Cartesian logic.
Examine statements for such things as arguments from ignorance (e.g.:
find the few instances where Dean's opinions cross into fact [yes,
that's "deductive reasoning", which is not your strong suit, I might
add] and draw correlations to concrete evidence) and notability (not
establishing from YOUR perspective [confirmation bias], but whether or
not he has any third party articles reviewing his philosophy or works
[of which there is a dearth] and not just ad hominem articles [which
are not considered for notability under Wikipedia's own guidelines]).

Just think of how many people would be "notable" if ad hominem
articles were allowed. Hell, my shitty solo music project One Man
Girl Band would be on level with whomever is playing on Top of the
Pops. Instead, the very meaning of notability is that a person's
deeds stand alone. Since we cannot extricate the pith of Dean's
statements from Dean himself (even with a metaphysical "Jaws of
Life"), it must be said that Dean is not notable. QED

I guess you can use those syllogisms after all, but only after full
explanation of the concepts being addressed. Also, if you are
exceptionally literal, look up something called Occam's Razor. The
real "Bob" uses it to keep his cheeks baby-smooth, which is more than
I can say for Dean.
Server 13
2007-05-05 17:35:46 UTC
Post by Eep²
that someone is not a "ridiculous liar".
Nope.

Post by Eep²
a group of people) while that person may not "riduculously lie" to other
(or the majority of) people.

You forget - we've heard his radio show.

It's all relative, including
Post by Eep²
consensus.
sibu SODDI
2007-05-05 19:23:12 UTC
"Consensus" does not equal "true".
Eep²
2007-05-06 11:39:19 UTC
Post by Eep²
It may be that the alleged "ridiculous liar" only "ridiculously lies" to certain people (or a group of people) while that person
may not "riduculously lie" to other (or the majority of) people.
You forget - we've heard his radio show.
So? I'm listening to the CKLN "International Connection" 12/12/90 show and the "Bob" on that show doesn't like the Dobbs on the
Alchymy show I heard the other day... If there are multiple people claiming to be "Bob Dobbs", this is only going to complicate and
confuse things even more. How many Bob Dobbs impersonators are there??
nenslo
2007-05-04 19:38:45 UTC
WHICH IS SO DIFFERENT FROM HOW "WE" LOOK. So very different.
purple
2007-05-05 02:52:34 UTC
Post by nenslo
Post by Rev. Ivan Stang
He fucked up big-time when he
committed to riding our coat-tails by calling himself Bob Dobbs. He'll
always look like an idiot, no matter what he does.
WHICH IS SO DIFFERENT FROM HOW "WE" LOOK. So very different.
BOB: Nenslo goes "clear".

The GREAT Bob Dobbs
Server 13
2007-05-05 17:43:12 UTC

Sorry, wrong forum.
just john
2007-05-05 20:01:50 UTC
Post by Server 13
Sorry, wrong forum.
Speak for yourself!

Me, I'm GLAD it's the wrong forum for his crap.
Server 13
2007-05-05 17:42:48 UTC
Post by nenslo
Post by Rev. Ivan Stang
He fucked up big-time when he
committed to riding our coat-tails by calling himself Bob Dobbs. He'll
always look like an idiot, no matter what he does.
WHICH IS SO DIFFERENT FROM HOW "WE" LOOK. So very different.
Who's "we", kemosabe?